Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing the GE Megalight headlamp bulbs, I occationally get "flashed". I think lowering the adustment by a degree or so should help.
How would I do this on an 03'. I see a white plastic round knob on the back of the headlight assembly. Would this be it?
Thanks

left-driver side

·
Registered
986 Posts
What you do is take a philips screwdriver and shove it down into the top of that white knob, and you turn the screwdrive clockwise to raise the beam and counter clockwise to lower the beam. When you shove the screwdriver down in from the top, it forces the white knob outwards which unlocks it and allows it to be turned. The screwdriver method works better than trying to grab onto the white knob and turning it because it allows for more precise adjustment.

·
Registered
471 Posts
does headlight on 04 and 05 have to adjusted after changing the bulbs?? i just changed mine to sylvania silverstar and didnt expirienced any missalligment.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jeff,
That's the exactly the info I was after.

Alien18,
Normally, one should not have to re-adjust the lights after bulb replacement.

J

·
0 Posts
Alien18 said:
does headlight on 04 and 05 have to adjusted after changing the bulbs?? i just changed mine to sylvania silverstar and didnt expirienced any missalligment.
I've had GE Megalights for two months now. Never been flashed.

·
Registered
778 Posts
you have to do each headlight separately.

·
Registered
807 Posts
whoever bumped this, THANK YOU!

·
Registered
778 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
make sure to get like 35w cause 55w would be just too much glare. you are putting them in the reflector housing ?

·
Registered
807 Posts
I'd like to see how the HID's turn out! I think the stock headlights have great visibility, I may upgrade to a brighter bulb someday though. I drive through some heavily wooded areas routinely and I need to see everything.

·
Registered
778 Posts
i have to agree! my headlights are amazing. they have a pretty neat cutoff and also have great output. they have better output then my 09 highlanders

·
Registered
778 Posts
well i dont have hids in my rav4. but i do have hids in my cars and motorcycles that actually have projectors. on my car i use 35w i think 4300 or 4500k but now i regret it and should have gotten like 55w 5000 or 6000k but then again i bought them kit like 5 years back for a cheap price. on my motorcycle i have 55w 6000k and i like it so much better. i try not to put hids in reflectors simply because i want to spend the extra money and not get such a great output.

·
Registered
807 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
they are going to attract no where near the attention that blinding hids/neons and color lights will get you. they are almostoem

1 - 20 of 31 Posts