Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I wanted to know if anyone from the 13-15 crowd had done an upgrade on the headlights or tail lights on their Rav4? I have seen a few different options on ebay and ali express. I wanted to see if anyone had done the upgrade. If so how they liked the upgrade and maybe I'm asking too much but some pictures would be nice. I have a 2015 rav4 XLE awd silver colored.

thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking forward to the comments as well!

I created an account today to ask the same question. Saw two types on ebay and have been in my watch list for a while. I can't post links yet (I'm a new member) but you can search on ebay with the description.

[NEWEST OLED] 2013-2014-2015 Toyota Rav4 Rav-4 RED LED Tail Light Brake Lamp 4PC
Seller: vipmotoz
$395

13-15 TOYOTA RAV4 DRIVING REPLACEMENT LED BRAKE TAIL LIGHTS LAMPS ASSEMBLY RED
Seller: epartsgogo
$389

I can't figure out why the 1st one is only compatible with an LE. What's the difference between XLE and LE taillights?

The second ebay listing says it's compatible with all trims.

Would like to avoid the nightmare scenario of spending $300+ and then having water leakage or electrical shorting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've upgraded the stock halogens to HID from Morimoto and love it. It was a simple process by ordering the kit from Morimoto and installing the bulb and adding a ballast. It will require a little drilling in the back of the light housing to fit the HID bulb through but the hole is covered using their rubber gasket. The wires are plug and play and a little 3M tape to mount the ballast near by.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think there's like 5 different headlight styles now that I've noticed. I'm wanting to upgrade, but I'd like to hear some reviews first.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I wanted to upgrade the headligh housings for my Rav. But I can't spend money for that kind of things at the moment.
So for now, just upgraded the low beam halogen light bulbs for LEDs.
Here's my thread: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http://www.rav4world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250553&share_tid=250553&share_fid=90878&share_type=t

20170208_184641.jpg
I will upgrade the high beams at some point too, but they're not used enough to do it now.
I also want to put some LEDs where the real DRLs are supposed to go.

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wanted to upgrade the headligh housings for my Rav. But I can't spend money for that kind of things at the moment.
So for now, just upgraded the low beam halogen light bulbs for LEDs.

View attachment 90577
I will upgrade the high beams at some point too, but they're not used enough to do it now.
I also want to put some LEDs where the real DRLs are supposed to go.

How do you plan on putting actual LED's in where the real DRL's are supposed to go? I've been trying to figure out for a while how to put some in.

·
Registered
232 Posts
How do you plan on putting actual LED's in where the real DRL's are supposed to go? I've been trying to figure out for a while how to put some in.
I'm still debating...
At some point I was ready to just brake the back rectangular housing with something like a dremel tool and just place something back there, like the LEDs in the pictures below.
Screenshot_20170202-151018.png
Screenshot_20170202-151047.png
But not sure if they'll look good or bad. So I'm going to hold off on that.
I might end up getting something like the LEDs in the first picture and place them on the opening below the front Toyota logo on the bumper.
But place one on each end of that opening.
Like I said, still debating...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts