Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 21 hybrid xse and on a road trip a truck kicked up a piece of debris and it broke the drivers side headlight assembly. I need to replace it and was wondering if anyone has done this yet? The part is stupid expensive and if I can I want to change it myself to save some money. Looking at the light it appears that I might not have to remove the bumper to swap it out can anyone confirm this or point me to another thread?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I have a 21 hybrid xse and on a road trip a truck kicked up a piece of debris and it broke the drivers side headlight assembly. I need to replace it and was wondering if anyone has done this yet? The part is stupid expensive and if I can I want to change it myself to save some money. Looking at the light it appears that I might not have to remove the bumper to swap it out can anyone confirm this or point me to another thread?
Which headlight assembly do you have; projector or the multiple LED version?

I have mentioned this before, the clear lens do appear to be removable but I haven't found a separate part number for it. I would be great for situations just like you're having.

Have you checked pricing on the BAM web site. I have made many purchases from them all were good experiences. You can also put your VIN number in to make sure it the part for you vehicle and you can send them questions too.

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which headlight assembly do you have; projector or the multiple LED version?

I have mentioned this before, the clear lens do appear to be removable but I haven't found a separate part number for it. I would be great for situations just like you're having.

Have you checked pricing on the BAM web site. I have made many purchases from them all were good experiences. You can also put your VIN number in to make sure it the part for you vehicle and you can send them questions too.

Good luck
The plastic lens is removable but I don't want to have to worry about resealing it and having moisture problems down the road. I have the projector assembly and MSRP is like $1300! I have not heard of the BAM website but will look into for sure. Thanks for the reply and info!

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
334 Posts
The plastic lens is removable but I don't want to have to worry about resealing it and having moisture problems down the road. I have the projector assembly and MSRP is like $1300! I have not heard of the BAM website but will look into for sure. Thanks for the reply and info!
I see lots of used headlight on Ebay. You just have to be sure you get the right style (projector vs multiple LED). .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts