Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking for some guidance on replacing the lever for my headlights and turn signal on my 2007 Rav 4. The tip on the end of my headlight lever that turns the headlights on broke off. I have it temporarily fixed now but would like to replace it. Does anyone have any guidance on this? Looking at the replacement part it seems as if the steering wheel needs to be removed which doesn't look like too tough of a task as seen on other posts, how far past the wheel removal do I need to go to replace this piece?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
there was a post on here that shows the steps and pics of replacing the turn signal stalk...they did it so that they could have the factory fog light switch...im not sure where on this board it is but some searching and you should be able to find it...as i remember the steering did have to come off...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi all,

I'm looking for some guidance on replacing the lever for my headlights and turn signal on my 2007 Rav 4. The tip on the end of my headlight lever that turns the headlights on broke off. I have it temporarily fixed now but would like to replace it. Does anyone have any guidance on this? Looking at the replacement part it seems as if the steering wheel needs to be removed which doesn't look like too tough of a task as seen on other posts, how far past the wheel removal do I need to go to replace this piece?

Thanks
No need to remove wheel just the cowling the switch slides out once the two screws are removed and then the connector can be released I did it and I am no mechanic. Take off battery negative if you want to be 100 per cent safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts