Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all , I was wondering if i buy limited headlights for my 2016 rav4 hybrid xle would they be plug and play with no nodifications

·
Registered
12 Posts
Headlight swap

Hi to all , I was wondering if i buy limited headlights for my 2016 rav4 hybrid xle would they be plug and play with no nodifications
Just going through posts and saw your post. I have the 2016 XLE Hybrid as well and did extensive research on the headlights, as I was deeply disappointed that it did not have the DRL light bar for the DRL's. In answer to your question, the Limited headlights will not plug and play. If you look at the plugs in back of the headlights on the Limited, it has a extra plug at the bottom next to the small plug. This for the Led module for the lights. I'm not a professional, but that tells me the DRL section still would not work nor would the lights as your XLE is not wired for the LED's. That said also if you look in the engine compartment, passenger side fuse box, you also need the 5w fuse and also the square relay, both those are missing in the non Limited and the non SE model. I heard that the cost of the DRL module can cost near the $200 price point. Not sure the risk is worth all that. I think I am going to hold out until someone comes out with a retro fit led with DRL's They have them for the 2015, so it's may be another year. If anyone knows of anyone that has done the switch with the headlights, please post your feedback. :confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts