Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Super White XLE AWD
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up the Diode Dynamics Elite Series fog lights, which have a backlight feature. Their instructions say to "Connect the backlight power wire to a fused 12V source to trigger the backlight feature (i.e. parking light or sidemarker);" but are not vehicle-specific. Their install videos for 4Runner and Tacoma show a headlight wire that can be tapped, so I'm hoping there's one on the RAV as well. I reached out to DD for help but they haven't done a RAV install yet. I did a pretty thorough search here already but I haven't been able to find anything helpful.

If anyone here is familiar with the '19-21 "regular" (non-hybrid XLE trim) headlight wiring, I'd greatly appreciate the assist. I'll even PayPal you a cup of coffee or a beer!

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I recently picked up the Diode Dynamics Elite Series fog lights, which have a backlight feature. Their instructions say to "Connect the backlight power wire to a fused 12V source to trigger the backlight feature (i.e. parking light or sidemarker);" but are not vehicle-specific. Their install videos for 4Runner and Tacoma show a headlight wire that can be tapped, so I'm hoping there's one on the RAV as well. I reached out to DD for help but they haven't done a RAV install yet. I did a pretty thorough search here already but I haven't been able to find anything helpful.

If anyone here is familiar with the '19-21 "regular" (non-hybrid XLE trim) headlight wiring, I'd greatly appreciate the assist. I'll even PayPal you a cup of coffee or a beer!
SO you mentioned parking light or side marker light. I replaced my side marker light bulbs in my 2019 gas only Limited. They are very to get to and you should be able to tap into the two wires going to the bulb socket.
Automotive lighting Organism Font Line Parallel

Reactions: daewond3r
1 - 4 of 4 Posts