Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am condsidering purchasing a 2018 RAV4, but have read that the headlights do not perform well. Can anyone comment on this?

·
Registered
2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE
279 Posts
The halogens are not good if you aren't buying one that comes with LEDs. Upgrading to LED bulbs makes them significantly better, but what I found (after trying multiple different bulbs) is that you'll want chips that are mounted to the thinnest possible backplate (with the projector lens housing especially) to keep the beam pattern tight. They may need some vertical adjustment after too. But the performance is good with the right bulbs.

·
Banned
57 Posts
I am condsidering purchasing a 2018 RAV4, but have read that the headlights do not perform well. Can anyone comment on this?
It the peripheral view / along the side that is hard to see. Directly ahead no problem. Wide angle is subpar. You can try get better Bulbs, you can improve lighting maybe 10 to 20 percent with Professional assistance. If driving on a hill will many curves, need to take it slow cause the light fades fast as you make the curve and you don't want to drive into a ditch or hit a tree. Get better bulbs and drive slower around tight curves and you will be fine. The 2019 models don't have this problem but Toyota found ways to create new ones. Truth is, might be better off with a Honda CR-V.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts