Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , Just fitted two new headlight units to my 2010 ran 4 . Ive fitted LHD units to my RHD vehicle. All seems well . first problem I have is the electronic up down adjustment , when I switch up the dashboard switch to 5 one light goes up and one goes down, is that normal if not how do i change one round ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes each headlight has a electric motor unit to adjust the height up and down presumably for load carrying on the tail. On the dash to the right is a toggle switch it has 5 settings lights down to up . When I switch from down to up one light goes down and up and one goes up and down ! if you see what i mean

·
Registered
156 Posts
Which market are you from? If your RAV4 is a Euro/Pacific/SA make, you should have motors in the stock lights. Try swapping the motors from the stock to the transplant fixtures. While your at it, try to flip the cutoff plates in the projectors so to not blind traffic.

*Most of us here are from North America, where the RAV4.3s have weak reflector optics and no leveling systems.

·
Super Moderator
11,106 Posts
Hi all , Just fitted two new headlight units to my 2010 ran 4 . Ive fitted LHD units to my RHD vehicle. All seems well . first problem I have is the electronic up down adjustment , when I switch up the dashboard switch to 5 one light goes up and one goes down, is that normal if not how do i change one round ?
Sounds to me like you buggered something up during the install. As mentioned, no such electric adjustments are available on this side of the pond. Ours are done with tools.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts