Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been long time Toyota owner but first time on RAV4. So, I familiar with automatic headlights off as in Camry, 4Runner, or Sienna. With the RAV4, when I turn the key off, I hear the headlights reminder buzzer. At first I thought it doesn't turn off. But it does turn off the headlights. So why does it still need the annoying buzzer? Can the buzzer be turned off?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've been long time Toyota owner but first time on RAV4. So, I familiar with automatic headlights off as in Camry, 4Runner, or Sienna. With the RAV4, when I turn the key off, I hear the headlights reminder buzzer. At first I thought it doesn't turn off. But it does turn off the headlights. So why does it still need the annoying buzzer? Can the buzzer be turned off?

We have had our 2015 for a couple months now and have always turned the lights off manually upon exiting the car, only because of that dang buzzer.
Never realized the lights would go off automatically, like they do on my tundra...

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,712 Posts
That's funny--for years I saw a lot of posts in the forums complaining that there was NO headlight warning buzzer or chime in the 4.3 RAV's. Toyota figured that if they turn off automatically (even on the cheapest base model), the warning wasn't necessary. Now since they added it back to the 4.4's, owners are still complaining. :-(

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's funny--for years I saw a lot of posts in the forums complaining that there was NO headlight warning buzzer or chime in the 4.3 RAV's. Toyota figured that if they turn off automatically (even on the cheapest base model), the warning wasn't necessary. Now since they added it back to the 4.4's, owners are still complaining. :-(
What was the reason they complain for? I have experienced automatic headlights off from Camry all the way back in the 80's and it never have buzzer when it turns off for you. This is like "hey, you didn't turn off your headlights but I'll turn them off for you. You're welcome". This is very unlike Toyota.

·
Registered
57 Posts
On my 2017 Rav4H. I get a ding ding ding if the switch is in the manually ON position and no alarm if it is in the automatic position and the lights are on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts