Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any write ups on this or videos? I looked and looked and could not find one for a '14 Rav4. I sound deadened the entire car up to the roof, would like to do that but was hoping to find a write up so I don't screw anything up. Pretty sure I can do it as I tore the whole car apart for the floors, doors etc without a video etc. Still was hoping to find something!

Thanks all.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Is there any write ups on this or videos? I looked and looked and could not find one for a '14 Rav4. I sound deadened the entire car up to the roof, would like to do that but was hoping to find a write up so I don't screw anything up. Pretty sure I can do it as I tore the whole car apart for the floors, doors etc without a video etc. Still was hoping to find something!

Thanks all.
I've seen it in the RAV4-3. You could do a search there. It should be very similar to our 4-4's.

Reactions: PVTLLC

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen it in the RAV4-3. You could do a search there. It should be very similar to our 4-4's.
Thanks, I just went slow with it and got it down and out, actually I just put it back in and was just about done till I noticed I forgot to put the seat belt part back that goes on the top!! WHOOOPS, thats a 15 min or so delay cause the whole back of the liner needs to drop now :(

UGH!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thanks, I just went slow with it and got it down and out, actually I just put it back in and was just about done till I noticed I forgot to put the seat belt part back that goes on the top!! WHOOOPS, thats a 15 min or so delay cause the whole back of the liner needs to drop now :(

UGH!!
That's great. First time doing it and you only wasted slight time is very good.

To satisfy my curiosity, what sound dampening material did you use? You notice any noticeable difference? Was it worth the effort?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's great. First time doing it and you only wasted slight time is very good.

To satisfy my curiosity, what sound dampening material did you use? You notice any noticeable difference? Was it worth the effort?
I used Road Kill and there is a HUGE difference, did I say HUGE!! Ive been in some very expensive movie theater rooms that cost well over 250k for just the construction with padding all over walls and ceilings and the insulation and drywall were soundproofed also and I almost can compare it to that. They say silence is loud and that is so true! Now I ordered 144sqft of dampening and I used every single sqft of it. I took the sifter, e brake etc out to damping under all that and only used the holes needed to replace items. I have over 28hrs into doing it. Every piece of metal that I could get too is sound proofed. I even did the inside skin of all doors, hatch and than did the outer skins and wrapped the edge of the speakers, I used JL Audio C5-650s for doors with a HD600/4 JL amp. Soon to have a W712 in there. I used to be into stereo DB drag races so I know all about how important sound deadening is. I just for some odd reason decided to do it myself this time cause stereo places would not have gone this far with it. I will post pics of it eventually, I lowered it 2" and put 20s with 45 series tires on it and did some other things to the outside. Its a one off RAV4 for sure. Its not a gangsta looking car, I like to call it the sport, luxury rugged look!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Wow. You've got the most expensive and best. I did my last car, doors, trunk only with "Quick Roof". Some improvement. Very much cheaper than Road Kill. My Hybrid is much more quiet so I'm leaving it alone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow. You've got the most expensive and best. I did my last car, doors, trunk only with "Quick Roof". Some improvement. Very much cheaper than Road Kill. My Hybrid is much more quiet so I'm leaving it alone.
After taking this whole car apart I can say this. They really didn't care to quite the car down much. I was kind of disappointing to be honest. But it is much better now. Lots of blood and sweat doing this stuff. I learned a lot about the car in the whole process.

·
Registered
449 Posts
After taking this whole car apart I can say this. They really didn't care to quite the car down much. I was kind of disappointing to be honest. But it is much better now. Lots of blood and sweat doing this stuff. I learned a lot about the car in the whole process.
That's what I read in this forum about the noise and harshness of this car. Guess Toyota wants to push RAV4 buyers to Lexus.
With all the work behind you now you can enjoy it and take pride in your hardwork. When they compliment you "your car is so quiet". You proudly tell them "I did it all, myself".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts