Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody removed their headliner from their 1998 RAV4 4-door ? I want to mount an antenna on the roof and need to remove the headliner to do it. Any hints or ideas?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Welcome to the forums Podman! :D

I've installed a roof mount antenna onto the rear roof of my 1998 4door RAV. It does not require removing the headliner completely. Where exactly are you planning on installing the roof mount antenna?

For my install, I just removed the plastic trim from the top and pulled out the sides to give some clearance for the headliner to be pulled down a bit. Once pulled down (the headliner is made from a hard material), just shove a towel into the gap between the headliner and roof. The towel will keep the space open for you so that you can drill the hole in your roof. It also helps so that once the drill breaks through the roof, it does not puncture a hole through your headliner by accident. :shock:

Anyways, it is a pretty straightforward install, just remember to measure twice and drill once. :D

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I am planning on putting a ham radio antenna near the center of the roof as possible. It depends on what I find when I look under the plastic headliner. It is not that critical exactly where I put it, but want to eliminate the mag mount I have now. I plan to run the coax down one of the pillars if possible, then to the radio which I plan to put in the dash or on the center console. I want to make the installation as neat as possible and get rid of all the wires that are laying everywhere now. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts