Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new 2005 RAV4. as I am driving to 70 mph, I can hear wind howling and barely hear the misic I played. Is that normal?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I do have a roof rack. In addition, I have vent visors as well.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wengy, the howling noise you hear actually started around 80kph(50mph).

I often drive my RAV4 up to 180kph(112mph) and the wind noise is terrible. I do take my roof rack off when not using it because it uses up quite a bit of petrol at high speeds. Air drag.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have also found that driving at high speeds with the sunroof open makes a very loud wind noise inside the vehicle, regardless of roof rack crossbar position.

I have purchased a Toyota Sunroof Wind Deflector (Toyota Part Number Part #: 00016-48505) for my 2004 RAV4 which is bolt/clip mounted to the inside edge of the sunroof opening. This accessory reduces the interior wind noise significantly, but not entirely.

Toyota Sunroof Wind Deflector - Toyota Part Number Part #: 00016-48505 - fits all 2001 , 2002 , 2003 , 2004 , and 2005 models; and has Toyota 1-year/unlimited mile warranty. Price about $50.

I have found that by leaving the driver and front passenger windows up and lowering the rear drivers side and passenger side windows down about 4 inches or so, dramatically reduces interior wind noise. :D

Hope this helps!

- Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts