Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum here and also working on Import vehicles. As my name suggest I'm more of a jeep guy.

Well the GF's Rav4's water pump bit the dust, the bearing starting making an awful noise and upon inspection of the vehicle, I confirmed coolant has been weeping out.

So today I decided to change the water pump, this was my first time attempting this on an import of any type. the removal and installation went rather smoothly job took about 8hours taking my time and having lunch and dinner.

Some of the parts ordered we wrong so the thermostat wasn't changed. But worked b4 changing the water pump.

So now I'm trying to get this thing filled up with coolant and running properly.

I topped up the radiator with coolant but there is no bleeder thst i see.... or is there something I'm missing....

It's kinda late and has been a long day so want to make sure I do this properly.

Currently the vehicle is blowing cold air and the thermostat doesn't seem to be opening up.... the AC works. So I'm assuming it has somthjg to do with bleeding or possibly the thermostat needs to be changed... I'm hoping it's something to do with bleeding the cooling system...

Can anyone shed some light on bleeding the cooling system and why I might not have heat and only cold air?

·
Super Moderator
11,107 Posts
Thank Google. All I did was some research and posted what I found. Glad that all is back to normal.

·
Super Moderator
10,140 Posts
:idea: And of course your AC never quit because it runs on freon, not coolant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts