Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2015 Rav4 LE. Has anyone attempted to replace the side view mirrors with "heated mirrors". My local dealer says it can't be done. States the plug in harness is different between heated an non. Any info in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks,

fontanaj00

·
Registered
548 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same thing.

The connector on an LE mirror is 3 pin. The XLE mirror is 7 pin, or more, something like that. If you have an LE and want heated mirrors, and LED turn signals, you would have to run extra wires from the turn signal and defroster circuits and make up a new connector harness, or else splice directly to the replacement mirror.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the info, sounds to involved, and not worth the risk of cutting into existing wiring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello! Does anyone know if the base 3 pin provides heat (could a mirror be bought just for heat and without signal) without having to run new wire?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here are the wiring diagrams if you want to give it a try. You just need to find the defroster relay and run a fused wire to the heated part of the mirrors.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here are the wiring diagrams if you want to give it a try. You just need to find the defroster relay and run a fused wire to the heated part of the mirrors.
Looks doable if we could find the mating connector for the heated mirror, you would have to remove the wires with pins from the 3 pin connector in the door and transfer to the mating connector for the new mirror. You would also need new pin(s) for the new wire to supply voltage for the heated mirror.
I’m surprised no one has done this and documented the modification?
Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts