Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I have a 2013 Rav4 and i am looking to install heated seats in the Rav. I have searched the forum but found only for older versions of the Rav.

Would any body know if the 2013 is prewired for heated seats and if yes does anybody know how to connect them

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Don't spend the money. I bought heated seat covers on ebay for $10.99 for two. They come with low,high and off switch and just leave them plugged into the accessory plugs. I live in Pa and have them on for over a year and they work great, even the wife is happy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't spend the money. I bought heated seat covers on ebay for $10.99 for two. They come with low,high and off switch and just leave them plugged into the accessory plugs. I live in Pa and have them on for over a year and they work great, even the wife is happy.
Hello

You say don't spend the money and then you say they work great. I would not buy them on Ebay because they are cheap. I would rather spend a few more bucks to get better ones.
You installed them in witch year of the Rav as i am looking on how and also is the Rav 2013 wired for them allready

Thanks

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hello

You say don't spend the money and then you say they work great. I would not buy them on Ebay because they are cheap. I would rather spend a few more bucks to get better ones.
You installed them in witch year of the Rav as i am looking on how and also is the Rav 2013 wired for them allready

ThanksQUOTE]
I think revinkevin means not to spend the money on the heated seat kit, and then have to deal with running wires (there is no pre-wiring done in the vehicle) taking the seats apart to install the pads, etc, when you can simply buy the seatcovers that are heated.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hi, do you have a link to the item you bought?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Those aftermarket seat heaters are the cause of many fires and accidents. Some vehicle manuals specify not to use them. But even if they dont, the heaters themselves aren't terribly safe imo. Especially a $10 one from eBay.

Even factory ones have been known to cause fires. But I live in Canada so I love my factory seat heaters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts