Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have a 2004 Toyota RAV4 with 'heated seats'. The control switch is for low and high. I can barely feel the heat at the low setting. When I use the high setting, the seat gets comfortably hot for 5 minutes and then the thermostat must turn off or reduce as the temperature decreases to warm. Is this normal? I have been in cars that cost much less and the heated seats worked much better.

Tenaya

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heated seats

Howdy,

I've got the heated seats too, although mine seem to stay warm for much longer than 5 mins before shutting off. Either way I love them 8). The low setting is pretty "low" though, just barely takes the edge off, can't say I use it very much either.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't forget that the heated seats have a thermostat ... they don't boil your a$$ ... quite normal and as the interior temperature increases you'll get shorter heat burts from your seat ...

;-)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a 2002 with leather and i freeze my a$$ of always in the winter time cause we could not get heated seats!!!! Sucks!!!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Mr.Stang said:
I got a 2002 with leather and i freeze my a$$ of always in the winter time cause we could not get heated seats!!!! Sucks!!!
Ya, I remember complaining back in 03 that we paid all that cash for a L edition and no Heated seats, no power seats, little adjustments on it.

Mr.Stang / Tenaya, the key is to compansate.

Eat more donuts in the winter months. :wink:

If you can't insulate the seat, then insulate the a$$...

:p
Seriously, I don't mind the cold seats, The cold air bothers my hands more.
Cheers, Walt

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mr.Stang said:

Same here and it sucks i really wish we had them with the 40K we spent!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts