Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my car this weekend and was looking for the heated steering wheel option but couldn't find it. Checking my manual, I found the buttong but it is blank (non-functional). I thought they were standard on Limited editions (part of the appeal of getting a Limited) but I guess that is not the case?

I live in Alabama and the car was shipped from Georgia - now I am thinking they don't equip heated steering wheels in Southern states thinking that people don't need them?

It seems pretty pathetic to me to chince on this for a Limited. Does anybody have any ideas for a workaround? Is it worth trying to contact the dealer?

·
Super Moderator
11,109 Posts
I just went to the Toyota website and didn't even see that as an option. Are you sure it's even available?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Man I would love to know that too. I didn't know that was an option. What year did this apparently start?

Just purchased my car this weekend and was looking for the heated steering wheel option but couldn't find it. Checking my manual, I found the buttong but it is blank (non-functional). I thought they were standard on Limited editions (part of the appeal of getting a Limited) but I guess that is not the case?

I live in Alabama and the car was shipped from Georgia - now I am thinking they don't equip heated steering wheels in Southern states thinking that people don't need them?

It seems pretty pathetic to me to chince on this for a Limited. Does anybody have any ideas for a workaround? Is it worth trying to contact the dealer?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can confirm the Canadian version of the limited comes with the heated wheel. Also I believe the SE comes with the heated wheel. Not sure what options are available in the US, but the Canadian limited doesn't leave anything out. That being said, the limited hybrid in Canada does have a tech package option that adds stuff the non-hybrid limited comes standard with. Is there another package in the US that can be added ontop of the limited trim?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Is there another package in the US that can be added ontop of the limited trim?
The only thing that I see on the website is the Advanced Tech Package for $1,525

Advanced Technology Package — Bird's Eye View Camera45 with Perimeter Scan and Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation18 and App Suite9
Flexible cargo net tray

Really - If you live in Alabama, why would you need a heated steering wheel??????

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just went to the Toyota website and didn't even see that as an option. Are you sure it's even available?

The heated steering wheel is not offered in the USA along with the windshield wiper fluid deicer. I think Toyota doesn't believe it gets all the cold in the USA compared to the rest of the world.

I would be surprised if the wiring harness for the US vehicles did not contain the proper wiring harness for the heated steering, so it shouldn't be too tough to do the upgrade if you got a Canadian heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I would love to be able to add heated steering wheel to my RAV.

Somebody make this happen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I only saw the heated steering wheels in:
1) The user manual - the button to turn them on is blanked out in my car (2016 Hybrid Limited with tech package)
2) The Canadian website

I thought Northern states would at least get it as an option - guess that is not the case. Oh well, I will just stick with the gloves I guess.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Finally we Canadians get an option unavailable elsewhere. ;)

We also get "free" all season rubber floor mats in addition to the "free" carpet mats. However, the Canadian all-season rubber floor mats aren't that great apparently, which means we're still better off buying the US OEM rubber tub-style winter floor mats of eBay (since they're not available for order in Canada).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts