Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Rav4 Limited. I'm in the southern US if that matters. My windshield needs to be replaced so I am getting quotes and am stumped on the question I'm being asked about if I have a heated wiper park area....any ideas how I can determine this? The other questions were pretty easy to answer: Lane Departure Warning System - Yes. Electrochromic Mirror (compass or temperature setting in the rearview mirror) - Yes. Heated Wiper Park Area - ??? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't believe the rav4 has it but I'm not entirely sure. It is a heated area of the windshield where the wiper blades sit in the off position and would usually activate with the rear defroster and heated side mirrors. Nice concept for the ravs's up north.

Sent from my R1 PLUS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
usually the rear defroster and mirrors are on the same switch and the front wiper heater would have a separate switch

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,718 Posts
Apparently it is standard equipment in Canada, and not available even as an option in the US. However, one of our members did get the windshield installed, added a relay and pushbutton and now has it in his US model.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Apparently it is standard equipment in Canada, and not available even as an option in the US. However, one of our members did get the windshield installed, added a relay and pushbutton and now has it in his US model.

At least now I understand why I thought it wasn't available on the rav4, strange it's not offered in the states, I guess not really since there seems to be such disconnect. Would have been nice option to have when I was living in NY.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
When we got our windshield replaced on our '16 the installer pointed out the wiring harness that the heated wiper park would use and said it should be possible to add if we were to have gotten the heated windshield instead of non-heated when we ordered the replacement in. Granted the button, relay, etc. would need to be added as well but the harness under the windshield is at least there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts