Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to settle for buying a base model, but I really want the heated turn signal mirrors of the limited. I was looking at the wiring diagram for the mirror heaters, and it looks like a pink wire is supposed to come off a 10 amp fuse, then go to each mirror. OK, seems simple. I can add that if it's missing.

But it's also tied to the 120 volt AC inverter of all things, to a pin on the inverter labeled. "EXCD" and also to a pin of the ECM through a diode. This seems really goofy too me, what is the intended function of doing it that way?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
There are several ELS connections on the ECM. These are Electric Load Sensor inputs, which I presume are used to signal the ECM to increase idle speed when an electric load is being used.

Both the AC inverter and the mirrors share the same ELS input (ELS on V6 and ELS1 on I4).

The diodes are only required if your RAV is equipped with both heated mirrors and the AC inverter to prevent one device from powering on the other. The diodes are arranged so that +12v current can flow towards the ECM terminals when either the mirrors or inverter are in use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts