Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all

As a recent new owner of a 1998 Freesport I thought I'd sign up here to share all of my ups and downs of owning a Rav4.

I saved her from heading to the scrap yard with only very minor faults (in my opinion), a intermittent starter motor, and the common 5th gear issue. Both I'd assume are easy fixes, although I've been driving her now for about two weeks without issue - I can live with 5th gear being out of action for most of the time.

I am a fibre broadband engineer from Surrey in England, I'm keen on all technical subjects especially electronics and IT, so expect some posts about gadgets to come soon :) I grew up around cars and have always had a strong technical interest in them and I do the majority of work and maintenance myself where facilities permit as well.

My Rav isn't in the best of conditions, the paint lacquer is peeling in places and she's generally looking a bit tired which is understandable for her age and 134k miles, I hope to tidy up some of this over the next few months.

I would submit a picture but it appears I'm not allowed to...how many posts do I need to do to allow this? As I'd like to document another mod I have done with some photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Welcome! Actually your RAV looks pretty good from the pic you posted. Good luck with any restoration work. I would want the 5th gear to work especially for Motorway driving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts