Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My name is John Smith, This is my first Toyota product and it seems I made a good choice. A 2006 4cyl. Rav-4 , silver. I bought this vehicle to go to work and take trips around the USA with my telescope and camping gear. Astronomy is my main hobby. Thanks for having me in this forum.
John

·
Registered
422 Posts
Welcome, John.

My husband is also an amateur astronomer, although thus far he sticks to our driveway with his scope. He's got a Meade LX-200 12" (non-GPS) and it's a bit big and funky to haul around, although I keep telling him he should give it a shot since I know other people do. We're out in the boonies but sometimes our neighbors' porch lights still bother him. He's on the Cloudy Nights forums as RLJSlick if you ever find yourself there.

Becky

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Astronomy??? Cool! My boyfriend is an Astrophysics major and I was really interested in astronomy before i met him, but now it's like more scientific. Every time we want to go stargazing away from the city, he always wants to use my car cuz we just take the back seats out and put his 10" dubsonian in the back, using the box it came with and all the styrofoam for protection. I love it that i can use my car for that :D.

Oh, btw, welcome to the forum John!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts