Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I guess I should have joined this forum about 10 years ago when I bought my brand new 2006 RAV4 V6 Sport edition.

Alas, I've moved on and recently traded mine in back in December for something a little smaller as I no longer need the space. Don't worry though, I haven't gone far. Still part of the overall Toyota family.

So when I traded in my Rav4, I ended up with an extra set of aftermarket wheels that I bought a few years back to use as my summer set. I used the OEM wheels as my winter set. I figured I wouldn't get much extra in the trade-in if I were to include the aftermarket wheels with my trade-in, so I'm going to try to sell the wheels on my own and hopefully another RAV4 owner nearby may enjoy the wheels as much as I did. Yeah, I know the wheels are likely compatible with many other vehicles, but I'd rather see them on another RAV4 as they look amazing on the RAV4.

I have a set of 18" MSR wheels. It is the wheels you see here:

<Okay. Looks like I can't post pics with a 0 post count. I apparently also can't post a link to the pic. So, you'll have to do a search for the MSR 048 rims to get an idea of what they look like.>

So I'm wondering if the 4th gen RAV4 also uses the same size wheels as the 3rd gen RAV4? If they do, that would be fantastic as I can make the wheels available to a bit of a larger market. I would likely guess that the 18" wheels probably won't fit a 1st gen or 2nd gen RAV4 without some modifications to the fenders, suspension, etc. But would the 4th gen RAV4 work with 18" wheels like the 3rd gen RAV4 does?

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

And although I may no longer have have possession of my RAV4, I've had some great memories with it, and it will always be with me in spirit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just got 2017 RAV 4 SE. I would have enjoyed a lot of if it were to come with V6, anyhow, I will not trade it in for a smaller vehicle. I don't understand why you would do that, haha. I had 2013 Corolla until it was totaled. I wouldn't trade that in too if I had a choice.
My SE comes with 18" wheels, not sure if they will fit for not.
Just a question for ya, did you change those wheels on your own or you go in to have that done and pay for it every-time?
I hope you will find a buyer in your area for those nice wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got 2017 RAV 4 SE. I would have enjoyed a lot of if it were to come with V6, anyhow, I will not trade it in for a smaller vehicle. I don't understand why you would do that, haha. I had 2013 Corolla until it was totaled. I wouldn't trade that in too if I had a choice.
My SE comes with 18" wheels, not sure if they will fit for not.
Just a question for ya, did you change those wheels on your own or you go in to have that done and pay for it every-time?
I hope you will find a buyer in your area for those nice wheels.
To be honest? I was a little disappointed that they dropped the 3.5L V6 engine for the 4th gen RAV4. And that back end looks so bland without the spare tire hanging off the back. I loved the full size spare hanging off the back.

But the reason I went smaller is I just didn't need the space. I would rarely utilize the space in the RAV4. Yes, the insane amount of leg room in the back was nice. But how often do I have passengers? Not all that often. And the only time I carried anything large was when a friend would ask me to help them move something. I'm a single guy with no kids (none that I'm aware of anyways). So I think a compact sedan suits me just fine.

I didn't downgrade to a Corolla, but I got something about the same size as the Corolla now. I picked up a 2017 Lexus IS 350. I love that 3.5L V6 and the IS 350 has it so I'm happy with it. I know it's a big change from the RAV4. The part I really have to get used to is how low to the ground the IS is, but I love it.

Curious. What size tires are on your 2017 R|AV4 SE? If they're the same size as mine, there's a good chance my wheels will fit the 4th gen RAV4 as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It is 18" Alloy wheels. All 2017 SE and higher are 18". LE and XLE are 17"
You are I are totally opposite. Haha. I moved coast to coast twice in my Corolla so I am happy to get this RAV 4 with nice cargo space and the roof racks. I was also tired to sitting so low to the group and don't have a lot of leg room in my driver seat. When my corolla was rear-ended, my knees hit the dashboard (i am 5'10") and they are still recovering from it. It sucks.

Well, enjoy your Lexus IS350, I am sure they handle better than Rav4.

But the reason I went smaller is I just didn't need the space. I would rarely utilize the space in the RAV4. Yes, the insane amount of leg room in the back was nice. But how often do I have passengers? Not all that often. And the only time I carried anything large was when a friend would ask me to help them move something. I'm a single guy with no kids (none that I'm aware of anyways). So I think a compact sedan suits me just fine.

I didn't downgrade to a Corolla, but I got something about the same size as the Corolla now. I picked up a 2017 Lexus IS 350. I love that 3.5L V6 and the IS 350 has it so I'm happy with it. I know it's a big change from the RAV4. The part I really have to get used to is how low to the ground the IS is, but I love it.

Curious. What size tires are on your 2017 R|AV4 SE? If they're the same size as mine, there's a good chance my wheels will fit the 4th gen RAV4 as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is 18" Alloy wheels. All 2017 SE and higher are 18". LE and XLE are 17"
You are I are totally opposite. Haha. I moved coast to coast twice in my Corolla so I am happy to get this RAV 4 with nice cargo space and the roof racks. I was also tired to sitting so low to the group and don't have a lot of leg room in my driver seat. When my corolla was rear-ended, my knees hit the dashboard (i am 5'10") and they are still recovering from it. It sucks.

Well, enjoy your Lexus IS350, I am sure they handle better than Rav4.
Yeah, the current SE trim is probably the equivalent to the Sport trim in the previous generation. Do you happen to know if you're running 235 55 R18 tires?

Lol. Yeah. Guess we kind of switch places. Don't get me wrong, I loved my RAV4 when I had it. But it was 10 years old and pretty dated. I also wanted something more sporty and with more power. The heated seats and heated steering wheel is a nice add on that I never had in my old RAV4. Just be happy I didn't get a BMW 3 series. :wink: and by no means am I a big guy (5'6") but my sales advisor that sold me my IS also has one himself. He's about 6'1" and he's got plenty of leg room in it. Only problem I have now is trying to figure out how to get my mountain bike to the trails and back. I believe Thule has a roof rack that fits my car though.

Sorry about your accident. Hope you can fully recover from it.

Enjoy your new RAV4. Although I'm not a huge fan of the look of the 4th gen RAV4, the SE actually makes it a bit more aggressive looking which I do like. And those stock SE wheels do look pretty sweet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts