Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on my cellphone and don't like writing on it since I'm a one-finger cell typist, so more later. 😉
Anyway, I have been lurking in this forum since April and want to thank all of you for your insights and information.
We purchased our 2019 XLE Hybrid on 5/10/2019, and after a week of fumbling around by the dealership to fix things and install a few addons, we finally took delivery. Besides being a "Mother-in-Law to the Doctor" vehicle, it's my DD, and our long distance companion. We have taken three week long trips with it and were loaded to the gills all three times. Our only complaint so far is the rear suspension, it sags and wallows about with the two of us and +200lbs of gear (I'm aware of the 900lbs cargo limit). It's not enough to be an issue by itself, but if we were towing, I would be concerned. More on this later.
So, hi fellow RAVers, thanks for allowing me to join and I'm glad to be aboard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would like to say that we do like our XLE Hybrid a lot. Yes, there are things about it that we're not really crazy, about but nothing is exactly perfect and fits all needs and requirements. Overall, this vehicle fits the needs that we purchased it for in a very nice way. It's our first Toyota and we're still on the fence about Toyota as a corporation as far as taking care of its customers. So far, we a not very happy with the dealership, especially the Service Department, and I will relate the incidents with the Service Department later. Our Salesman was a good guy and we thought he did us well on the sale, but when I asked him to intervene on our behalf with the Service Department before we took delivery, he gave me the "that's a different division of the company and I have no pull with that department". Although technically that may be true, I feel it's a BS way for him to hide from asserting what he promised us during the negotiations.

Overall, we have no regrets about our purchase and look forward to many adventures, both near and far, with our RAV4.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts