Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

Just thought i'd drop a line and say hi - looking to get a new Rav4 here in Aus - they have not long been released here.

V6 is not available in Australia - they kept that for the Kluger.

We have three models here,

CV - base model no alloys and basic features

Cruiser - with all the options - no leather or roof

Cruiser L - added leather, roof and electric heated seats.

Not sure which way we will go yet - but should be fun picking and choosing.

Talk with you all soon,

Philbie

·
Registered
682 Posts
The only time we'd get a V6 RAV4 in Australia would be if Toyota decided to drop the Kluger (a.k.a. Highlander) from the local line up.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi folks,

Just adding to my original post to let you know I have finally bought a new Rav4.

Colour is Blue Storm (not sure of the us colour) in a Cruiser pack with auto box and 2.4l 4 cyl.

As a male owner, i've copped a bit of flack about being the new owner of a "girls" car, however with our ever increasing fuel costs and the rav4 being the only car i could find with both excellent front and rear leg room that is not a euro luxury car, or have the price to go with it, I feel as our family transport, it makes for a really economical and brilliantly functional car that should be fun to own.

It replaces a VW touareg.......which, by the way doesn't have as much leg room.

Cheers peoples,

Philbie

·
Registered
514 Posts
Welcome Philbie. Post some pictures in your album. I'd like to see more of the Blue Storm color. It looks nice from your avatar.

Anyone know what the US color equivalent is for Blue Storm if any?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From my research, I think that the colour is called Pacific Blue in the states. But I could be wrong.

I'll post pictures, once the car arrives.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AussieRAVer said:
Philbie said:
It replaces a VW touareg....
Ok so the Toureg may not have the leg room, but this is a bit of a step down the ladder!!!!

Have fun with your RAV though....
so true, but also at more than half the cost........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts