Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello everybody,

I took delivery yesterday of a new 2020 XLE hybrid with the Cold Weather and Convenience pkgs in Super White.

I traded in a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek with 115,000 miles. Before the Crosstrek I had a Nissan Xterra and before that a Nissan Pathfinder, and I moved to the Subaru to improve my gas mileage because I commute 37 miles each way. I averaged about 30 mpg in the Crosstrek which made me happy, as I rarely got better than 20mpg in my Xterra, but I missed the physical size and cargo capacity in my previous vehicles.

Sometime last year my wife and I were returning from a trip when we pulled into a gas station and saw our first 2019 RAV4. The styling caught both our eyes, and we were both surprised when we backtracked and discovered it was a RAV. I did a quick internet search and found out it might be the perfect mix of decent size and fuel economy that I wanted, but I really wasn't in the market yet so I filed it away.

Fast forward to the day after Christmas, and we were talking money and our cars and our future plans, and I mentioned that if we were keeping the Crosstrek we were going to have to put some fairly serious $ into it so I could trust it as a long distance commuter. On a whim I went to a Toyota dealer and test drove a hybrid LE, and I loved it. My wife and I went to our local dealer that night, found the cheapest in stock trim level we could find with the Hybrid powertrain and heated seats (thanks Subaru...can't buy a car without them!) and made a deal and picked it up yesterday.

So far I love it, although I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the tech...never had a car with any of the driver assist safety stuff before.

I've never purchased a car so quickly with this little research, so I joined here to try and learn more quickly.

Thanks!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think you will like your Rav4. I still have my 2008 Xterra and just picked up a 2019 Rav4 hybrid XLE. Just wish it had heated mirrors in the cold weather package. Like the Xterra but pretty crude in ride and MPG but lots of power to haul my fishing boat. Rav4 is perfect for a long trip to pick up something big. I seem to get 18 mpg on my Xterra.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I miss the "truckiness" and styling of my Xterra...would have bought another one in a heartbeat but they changed the body style.
I don't miss the gas mileage. I remember right after i bought it I was on a forum just like this one when someone asked about the 1/4 mile time of Xterra's. Somebody replied it is measured in minutes because the X runs out of gas before the finish and has to be refueled, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts