Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently bought a used 2013 RAV4 Limited Edition with 43,500 miles on it (now up to 48,000 miles). I'm in the process of customizing it to fit my needs. Being in Wisconsin, I feel a need for some really good floor mats/liners to keep the grime, snow and slush off of the floor. After doing a search, I found this forum. It seems like a great place to learn about my new (to me) vehicle.

I used to own a 1997 RAV4. I think I had Weather Tech liners in that vehicle. They did the job very well, but I wasn't crazy about how hard the plastic was and how slippery they were. So I'm hoping to do some research here to figure out if there's anything a little softer and less slippery out there. If not, I'll be buying Weather Tech mats again.

Good to be here! I look forward to learning from you all. ... Bob

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Hello from a neighbor in MinneSnowta. Weathertech might have changed materials because mine are compliant, not very slippery. What I like best is the fit in the well. Like a bucket I can take out, dump, hose and all is good.

Welcome!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info and the welcome.

Yeah, I'm leaning to the Weathertechs again. Just checking them out on Amazon.com now. From past experience living in this climate (like you are), I really appreciate the tall sides for keeping all the slush and snow off the carpet. That's a biggie for me. Now I just have to decide on a color ... either black or grey mats for my dark blue exterior, tan interior vehicle. (The inside carpeting is black).

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Grey works for me because it's easier to find something I dropped, and it doesn't show the dirt like black does. Either color is cool.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the opinion. I'm so used to having black mats that I have a hard time imagining anything else. But I do remember black showing off the dirt in my last RAV4.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Grey works for me because it's easier to find something I dropped, and it doesn't show the dirt like black does. Either color is cool.
You know, after looking more carefully at the interior of my RAV, the tan mats could work too, being that I have a tan leather interior. Hmmm......

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
I have a tan interior and also tan Weathertech mats. The mats aren't a perfect color match with the rest of the interior but for me are quite acceptable, especially since I don't stare at them while driving . . . I had tried the black OEM mats from my wife's CR-V but didn't like the color contrast at all. She also has a tan interior and I got her some tan all-weather mats which she likes much more than she liked the black ones.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a tan interior and also tan Weathertech mats. The mats aren't a perfect color match with the rest of the interior but for me are quite acceptable, especially since I don't stare at them while driving . . . I had tried the black OEM mats from my wife's CR-V but didn't like the color contrast at all. She also has a tan interior and I got her some tan all-weather mats which she likes much more than she liked the black ones.
Thanks for letting me know. Now I feel like I could choose any of the 3 colors and still be okay. Too bad I don't know of a place to see them in person before buying.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's black mats for me

FWIW, after much thought and research, I ended up buying black front, rear and cargo liners by Weathertech. Living in Wisconsin, I think I will appreciate having the high sides of the Weathertech front liners help in keeping the winter slush and snow off of the carpeting. I went with the black color mostly to match the black carpeting on the floor. Blind-buying these online, I just wasn't sure what the other colors (tan or gray) might look like in person for my RAV4's color breakdown.

Also, the black liners were on sale at the time I bought them, which was part of the decision too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good move. I had the Weathertech in my '12 and have the Husky liners in my '16. In my opinion, they're very comparable. The Huskys may cover a little more area, but my Weathertechs were fine for the Wisconsin winter too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you! Not that it might matter too much, but I was under the impression that the Weathertechs covered more area than the Huskys. ?? Hmm. I did look at Huskys too, but at the time, I couldn't find as good of a price on them, so I ended up concentrating on the Weathertechs instead (especially with all the good things I was reading about them at the time).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts