Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm taking possession of a brand new XLE RAV4 this week so I thought I'd register here and read a bit. This will be my first Toyota and my first SUV (coming from a 2008 Honda Civic which I loved to death but our needs have changed quite a bit so a SUV had been on the radar for a while now).

After shopping around a bit, the RAV4 ended up being the model that gave us the most of what we wanted for the price. I was quite surprised as I am a total Honda fanboy and was expecting to be blown away by the CR-V.

But in the end, the RAV4 was far more responsive and fun to drive than pretty much all the reviews said, and the interior just felt more premium and tighter than the CR-V's. My girlfriend preferred how it handled too. Also, I'm still not sold on the CVT, maybe I'm just old fashioned that way ;)

Anyway, if you guys have any advice or cool info for a new RAV4 owner, I'm all ears!

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome aboard and it looks like you have made a good choice.

I too pick up my first Toyota this week!

There is a lot of good information and advice here on the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been reading older threads (2013-2014) and it really seems like the 2016 version has been significantly tweaked in the right direction. People didn't seem too happy with the road noise and suspension with the 2014 model.

I'm also surprised to see such a big difference in quality between the LE and XLE trims even in the 2016.

We'll see how things go over a longer period of time but the one I test drove was a really nice ride, responsive, comfy, quiet and the suspension was excellent on our trademark Unacceptably Damaged Montreal Pavement

:)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Congratulations on purchase Dan! I too chosen a Rav4 over CR-V, especially with smoothness and extra space.

You'll gonna love it. Enjoy riding and the board

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys :)

We went and picked it up last night, drove around a bit. I am really loving this thing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts