Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm MoonRAV4 (an Henry Mancini joke) from Bartlett Illinois. Bartlett is about 45 miles due west of Chicago. I haven't had a new car since 1995, and I am due! I was teasing my wife about wanting a Hummer H3, but I would have to be rich and have two cars for myself and that ain'y going to happen. I bought the Consumer Reports 2006 SUV/Truck book and liked what I saw on the RAV4. We went to the 2006 Chucago Auto Show on Valentines Day, and just before we left, she saw a ad on TV about the RAV4 and said "Hey! that's a pretty neat looking car. I think that did it. The books being handed out at the Auto Show lacked a lot of info on the RAV4. I ordered one from Toyota, but do not know how long before I get the book, but I'm getting itchy.... I'm 57. The kids are on their own, and hopefully they won't come back. I used to repair the old large mainframe computer systems all over the US, but now I dispatch other technicians on the stuff around now...
I'm looking to buy a Limited V6 with 4WD, with almost all the options I haven't decided on a color, but look forward to a dealer visit to see them in person (It may have to be RED, since we went to the Show on Valentines Day). The last 2 cars I bought were through Sam's Club. They send you to a particular dealer and you get a "no haggle" price. Both times worked well, because I don't need a battle of wills between me and a car salesperson. Anyway, I look forward to ownership and will be on this "board" for a while...

·
Registered
685 Posts
Welcome "Moon Raver" :wink: ..........sounds like something you do at the back window...... :wink: :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts