Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya folks, just joined R4W and so glad you folks are about !

We currently have a 2002 GX model that we've had for almost 5 years without fault, besides the O2 sensors that I'm currently fixing.

We have two big German shepherds and my question is, is the 4.3 gen boot bigger, ie longer or wider (height not so much an issue) than the 4.2 gen ?

As we're currently thinking of getting a 2006 onward model.

Pics posts info all appreciated !

Cheers James :D

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts
It depends on where you live. Since you didn't fill out your profile page I'll have to guess. Going by the word "boot" I will assume you are either from the UK or Down Under. The UK RAV4 4.3 has a larger cargo area, but it is the short wheelbase version. In Australia and NZ, the long wheelbase version is sold with 73 cu. ft. of cargo area with the seat folded down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It depends on where you live. Since you didn't fill out your profile page I'll have to guess. Going by the word "boot" I will assume you are either from the UK or Down Under. The UK RAV4 4.3 has a larger cargo area, but it is the short wheelbase version. In Australia and NZ, the long wheelbase version is sold with 73 cu. ft. of cargo area with the seat folded down.

Hi there, yeah Im from the UK in Derbyshire.

I understand according to what ive read that the 4.3 has more space in Litres, although I dont think thats too accurate way to measure boot space.

Weve called by the local Toyota Dealership in Derby today but they only had a 2011 and 2014 reg Rav4 in to check out.

One thing Ive noticed about the 4.4 is that if you slide the back seats all the way forward, it leaves about a 5" wide gap in the back of the boot. Also it has the horrible boarded boot, that cant take much weight - with the spare and tool kit underneath it im sure this could have been made much more substantial - although we were checking out the latest Volvo and Hyundia SUVs the other at a Country fair and it looks like this is more the Norm now a days - the Volvo was handily stamped with a 60kg MAX limit on it - hardly suitable to carry two large dogs weighing almost 40 and 50kg each ! :D

I think the best option for us is going to be a 4.3 Rav4 taking that into account.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts