Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello RAV4World! I just acquired a 2012 RAV4 Sport V6 AWD last week. I had to travel outside my area to find a low mileage model with the convenience package (roof rails and moonroof) and backup camera but without the Appearance (spare wheel delete with run-flats tires) and Premium Packages (leather and power seats, etc). It turned out to be a challenge as it appears most were built with the Appearance Package but I did not want to deal with run-flat tires and found the rear mounted spare tire more visually appealing.

This is a bit of a homecoming for me as my first car was a 1981 base Corolla (as stripper as you can get). Most recently, I spent the last 14 years living with a 2001 BMW 325iT wagon with the factory sports package. It was my family's SUV with emphasis on "sport" as it drove like a sports car with telepathic steering. When the time came to retire the wagon due to the increasing cost of maintenance, there were not much on the market for late model wagons. The Subaru's interior was noisy. The Audi's were finicky with reliability. The RAV4 came the closest choice for the wagon substitute. We traded some sportiness for reliability. The power from the V6 is a must (hence 3rd gen) and the Sport trim's stiffer suspension with the lower profile tires provided an adequate modicum for agility.

The forum has already been a great help for information (factory alarm install) and troubleshooting some issues (transmission whine). I look forward to a long life with the RAV4 and making connections on this forum.

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Welcome, and enjoy your RAV with that V6 power!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts