Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the group, I do not speak good English so forgive my writing, I'm from Costa Rica. My new car is a 2002 RAV4 L and I am very happy with it. I have found much useful information here, I hope to share with my project.

Best regards

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
Welcome, and enjoy your RAV! Your English is excellent!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS CHANGE WAS THE ORIGINAL RADIO, I sought AESTHETICALLY PRETTY ONE, NOT WANTED TO SCREEN, THANKS TO THE FORUM AND GET TO KNOW THE SCION RADIO T1808, CABLE FOR IPOD AND MP3 player was my solution. I bought it on eBay.

[/url]
subir gif[/IMG]

[/url]
imagen jpg[/IMG]

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,922 Posts
Very neat installation! That Scion radio looks MUCH better!!

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
Nice installation! The only problem I see is there is a scratch on the plastic fascia just to the left and above the word "Pioneer," but with the before and after photos it appears that the scratch was already there before the Scion radio was installed. It should be possible to touch up that scratch.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,922 Posts
Nice installation! The only problem I see is there is a scratch on the plastic fascia just to the left and above the word "Pioneer," but with the before and after photos it appears that the scratch was already there before the Scion radio was installed. It should be possible to touch up that scratch.
Yeah, if it were me I would remove that fascia and spray the whole thing with silver paint. Little scratches like that bother me when I have to see them every day.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
correct, small scratch was already there before installing the radio, I like the idea of painting the piece with silver spray. You could try it someday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I bought the car, does not bring the symbol "L" on the rear door, probably stolen, or do not know what happened to him, the door had gum stuck which I cleaned with alcohol and bought the emblem and ready. It did not take long, it was very easy and I like to see the complete emblem on my back door.

[/url]
subir fotos[/IMG]

[/url]
subir fotos[/IMG]

[/url]
hosting imagenes[/IMG]

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
The L looks great!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My calipers looked very neglected, and for that reason I decided to paint them to change that aspect. Since I do not know much about mechanics my decision was to paint without removing the calipers. Covering everything very well with newspaper and tape was ahesiva the process, then spray painted with silver, light layers, allowing time between painted. Maximum two hours later and really not difficult and I liked the result.

BEFORE

share image

sube fotos

AFTER

hosting imagenes

subir imagenes

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,922 Posts
It looks good, but did you use heat-resistant paint? If not, when those calipers get hot the paint will be ruined. You can buy special heat-resistant caliper paint in different colors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Recently, I got to my RAV4 mudguards.
I got them in my country, the price is about $ 21 each approximately
Easy installation, includes new screws up, and they look great in the car, in addition to being useful in the rainy season.

[/url]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a question about bull bar
They are more stable the Black Horse, or the Westin?
Specifically for 2002 RAV4
The black horse is held by two screws, but the Westin only one, that makes the unstable Westin?
[/url]
subir fotos gratis[/IMG]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts