Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Greece…

For more than 10 years now I drive Toyota cars. I already have a Hilux 4X4 2.4cc diesel, I had also a 1.3cc Yaris, and since Easter 2004 I have also a Silver 2000cc RAV4 4X4 3doors.
RAV is the best selling SUV in my country for many years. Generally Toyota sells like hell in Greece. The new corolla arrived first in Greece and then to the other European countries. Also Hilux had no black color in the color range and they start making black Hilux because the people in Crete like it very mach!
I found your forum after searching desperately for information’s about the new RAV 2006 or RAV 4.3 as you say.
It has come the time to change my truck with a car big enough and safe enough for my family and to tell you the trough I was ready to go for the new Ford Maverick or Explorer as they call it in US. After a small research on local forums I start getting really afraid about the problems the owners had with their Fords!!!
If some people on that forum say that their windshield brakes you have to see what kind of problems these poor people they’ve got.
Personally I never had any kind of problems with my Toyota’s and always we have the immediate assistance of Toyota in any kind of part or accessory we may need. I like to thanks the people on the 4.3 forum they have really help me a lot on my decision to wait for the new RAV. I was a bit disappointed in the beginning with the first (fake) pictures of RAV.
Now I just have to wait until the Geneva Show!!! I will keep my pick-up until then, roomers saying that we will have in Greece before the end of the year!!!!
I would like to have some help from someone that has a RAV with a diesel engine D4D and tell me if the power of the engine and the acceleration are good. I like to have also your opinions on the same matters about the automatic gearbox. Thank you all very mach for your help and sorry if my English are not so good!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HILUX?

Hi Levanter,

Hilux? I think that is the 4Runner in Europe and Asia. I know it is called HILUX SURF in the Eastern and Middleastern countries. There is also the HILUX pickup. Do you have the HILUX SUV/SURF? The reason I got so excited about it is because in USA the 4Runners are no longer STICK SHIFTS and also don't come in diesel but the HILUX SURF does come with all that. HILUX SURF also has way more accessories than the 4Runner and for some reason it looks better, although it is the 4Runner. I had a 1990 and a 1998 4Runner but sold them because of GAS issues. 17mph was killing me. What is your DIESEL mileage on the Hilux providing it is an SUV?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rav4evr,

The Hilux in Europe is a pick up truck, rather like the Tacoma, but far more workman like, though there is a version with leather seats called the "Invincible", I guess it has been named this after Clarksons attempts to kill one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/downloads/

Levanter,

If you are waiting for the new RAV4, you may well find it fitted with a version of the new 175Bhp 2.2Litre diesel as fitted to the new Lexus, I have no evidence of this but Toyota do like to get their moneys worth out of an engine

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RAV4EVR I hope you have allready see my e-mail with the picture of my Hilux. For us in Greece is almost forbiten to drive Hilux Surf.
The taxes are too big!!! the law about cars in Greece its really bad.
Its only the last 2 years that we can drive 2000cc with no big taxes.
If the car costs more than 50.000 euro then you can not beleive how bad things are for taxes!!! The problem is that most of the good cars cost 30 or 40 % more due to big custom taxes. For example the RAV 4 3 doors 4X4 I have cost in Greece 35.000 euro!!!! I ask if there is any deference to have it from another country but no deference... The taxes we pay to the custom office make the prices the same as theyare here!

Oil Burner... hello to England... I will keep in mind your notes. Its going to be marvelous if something like this happen. I just have to come every day at the forum and read the 4.3 section!!
Thank you all

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RAV4EVR I hope you have allready see my e-mail with the picture of my Hilux. For us in Greece is almost forbiten to drive Hilux Surf.
The taxes are too big!!! the law about cars in Greece its really bad.
Its only the last 2 years that we can drive 2000cc with no big taxes.
If the car costs more than 50.000 euro then you can not beleive how bad things are for taxes!!! The problem is that most of the good cars cost 30 or 40 % more due to big custom taxes. For example the RAV 4 3 doors 4X4 I have cost in Greece 35.000 euro!!!! I ask if there is any deference to have it from another country but no deference... The taxes we pay to the custom office make the prices the same as theyare here!

Oil Burner... hello to England... I will keep in mind your notes. Its going to be marvelous if something like this happen. I just have to come every day at the forum and read the 4.3 section!!
Thank you all

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to our world of RAV4.

Here people race them both on and off road. Often get comlpiments that normally a RAV4 or SUV wouldn't.

Have fun and make sure you ask questions when you do not understand. It may save you both money and time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts