Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I purchased my 2006 V6 4WD Rav over the weekend. Without this forum I may have not every considered it. I was looking for something to replace an 04 Blazer. My wife and I car camp and rock climb quite a bit on the weekends. Looking forward to owning this car and being a member here. The Rav has 77k miles on it, and is very clean. I usually do all maintenance myself on my car, and I see many here do as well.
This car is quick!
It's also my first AWD vehicle. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on getting your '06 V6 RAV - it's a comparative hot rod.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Welcome verg, from Canada...the v6 will spoil you.

I had an '05 GMC Jimmy (few years back) and driving the wife's '08 Limited v6 / night & day difference.
The 269 HP makes these RAV4's a rocket ship - and the friendlier gas mileage & pure driving comfort, is so very sweet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I still have the Blazer, but its retired from road tripping. It will serve as a workhorse for anything that wont fit in the RAV. Last month we took it on a trip from Southern CA to Sedona AZ. We camped in between in Prescott AZ. 1300 miles in three days had me thinking "we need something else". I have no doubts the RAV can handle such trips.

·
Super Moderator
11,457 Posts
Welcome. I had a 1988 S Blazer in the past with the 4.3l V-6. That was the first year they put the 4.3 in the small Blazer. After an actual chip in the computer, which I did myself, it was a screamer! I've always wanted a full size Blazer.

That chip, which was for towing, made me many $100 bills back in the day. I never lost a single competition in the 1/8th mile regardless of what I ran against.....Corvettes included.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow I can imagine how fast the older Blazers would be with the 4.3. Its a very strong motor. My grandfather just dropped one in his 82 S10 (first year S10). You can hear him chirping it as he drives off. He did the whole motor swap himself from a donor car. With the fresh paint job its now quick little classic!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts