Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i would like to say that i am not a RAV4 Owner, i am a die-hard Toyota MR2 fan. Ive owned 5 MR2's in the past few years and currently own 2, 1 in the states, and 1 in Japan. We all share the common love for Toyotas though.

The reason i am here, is because i was given information that certain RAV4's come with a certain engine that i am seeking information for, and when i come to my findings, will gladly post the results here for the owners of these certain engines to use at there discretion.

Basically a simple question..... Which year RAV4 did the 3S-GE Beams VVT-i Grey-Top (intake manifold) come in? Was this engine offered in the states or was it only offered in the Australian RAV4?

A background on why im looking for the information. Toyota produced an extremely rare engine called the beams redtop for the 1999 MR2 which is not offered in the states, only in Japan. As luck has it, i have been able to acquire this engine during my stay in Japan. Unfortunatly, no information in english is available and my Japanese is less than par. Coincidently the grey-top is supposed to be exactly the same as the redtop aside from detuning of the ECU because the RAV4 Grey-Top apprently only came in Automatic. So my search will hopefully bring me to purchasing a Toyota BGB in English for the grey top which i can use for my Red-top and online Tech manual coming to a future website called www.beams-redtop.com

Any information you have for me is greatly appreciated in advanced.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Welcome to the forums Phoenix. :D

You should definitely post your queston about the Beams engine in our 4.1 General forums. I am certain that that particular engine that you are looking for is only found in the 1st generation RAVs (4.1, as we refer to them here in this forum).

There are a few members here that drive 1st gen. RAVs with the Beams engine. They should be able to better answer your questions. :thumbs_up:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4.1 ...........thanks! Ill post my questions up there. Again, thanks for leading me in the right direction. Im hoping this will help both the rav4 beams guys and the mr2 beams guys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts