Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping for a RAV4 for my adult daughter and safety is my first priority. We started looking at 2017 in the SE trim level. The safety features I see for the 2017 trim level are as follows:

• Brake Assist
  • Blind Spot Monitoring (Optional)
  • Lane Departure Warning
  • Cross Traffic Alert (Optional)

Some list showed the Blind Spot Monitoring and Cross Traffic Alert being standard on the SE trim but in any event I cannot find a 2017 SE with all of the above.

My question is how to compare the above with the standard safety features that come on the base model 2019 Rav4 LE. Would I be better off shopping for a base model 2019 LE or keep shopping for the safety list above in a 2017 SE?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I'm finding it hard to compare the new and old safety packages as the nomenclature is different.

·
Registered
2019 XSE
1,038 Posts
I am shopping for a RAV4 for my adult daughter and safety is my first priority. We started looking at 2017 in the SE trim level. The safety features I see for the 2017 trim level are as follows:

• Brake Assist
  • Blind Spot Monitoring (Optional)
  • Lane Departure Warning
  • Cross Traffic Alert (Optional)

Some list showed the Blind Spot Monitoring and Cross Traffic Alert being standard on the SE trim but in any event I cannot find a 2017 SE with all of the above.

My question is how to compare the above with the standard safety features that come on the base model 2019 Rav4 LE. Would I be better off shopping for a base model 2019 LE or keep shopping for the safety list above in a 2017 SE?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I'm finding it hard to compare the new and old safety packages as the nomenclature is different.
Blind spot monitoring is still an option on the LE, standard on all other trims.

2019s and up come with Toyota Safety Sense 2.0

Here is a link with a comparison of Version 1 to version 2

1 - 2 of 2 Posts