Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I am currently in negotiation with a local dealer (alas, I live out in the boonies so I don't have a lot of options) for the purchase of a V6 4x4 Limited with 3rd Row RAV4. Obviously I'm going to have to custom order this car as they seem to be the unicorns of the car market. Anyway, I want to order my RAV4 in pacific blue with the light grey (ash, bisque, whatever you want to call it) interior. I would also like the JBL premium sound system. However, my dealer says that...

A. I cannot get pacific blue on a limited (their own brochure says I can)

B. I cannot get the premium sound system without leather interior and heated seats (leather negates the 3rd row option). What the heck do heated seats have to do with sound?

Are they just suffering from cranial rectumitis? I'd like to get your opinions / experiences with custom ordering. If they are indeed full of it, is it worth arguing? Should I bite the bullet and buy from someone out of market?

Thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
652 Posts
It would help if could say where the boonies are. Some things are regional although I don't think paint color is one of them.

Every limited I've seen leather or no leather has had the JBL sound. It seem they tend to add the curtain airbags and JBL. I would think it would be hard to find a limited without JBL.

I suspect your dealer is either lazy or a crook. I did most of my legwork via the internet. Configure your vehicle on the Toyota and / or KBB website and submit via email.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. I haven't found a Limited without side-air or JBL. Also, from everything I've seen, the only color that you can't get in a Limited is Flint Mica.

In fact, as of right now, the Toyota website has a small handful of Pacific Blue V6 4x4 Limiteds with JBL (in the SET region) -- no 3rd row, though.

Good luck.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oops, forgot that part.

I'm in Lubbock, Texas. For those of you not familliar with the state it is in the northwest of the state somewhat close to the New Mexico border.

Thanks.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
houston,tx

in the houston reg... wehave the same problem... There are many differnet configs but all limited configs that have JBL... Also inlcuded leather heated seats...

I'm getting a 4x2 with SR GY LA HD TO EJ ... I didn't wnat the LA or HD but so i can get quicker.. i went ahead and droppe the extra.

Katzkins aftermarket vs. factory leather at invoice prices... are about the same and I get heated seats...

·
Registered
122 Posts
wereteddy said:
Hello all.

I am currently in negotiation with a local dealer (alas, I live out in the boonies so I don't have a lot of options) for the purchase of a V6 4x4 Limited with 3rd Row RAV4. Obviously I'm going to have to custom order this car as they seem to be the unicorns of the car market. Anyway, I want to order my RAV4 in pacific blue with the light grey (ash, bisque, whatever you want to call it) interior. I would also like the JBL premium sound system. However, my dealer says that...

A. I cannot get pacific blue on a limited (their own brochure says I can)

B. I cannot get the premium sound system without leather interior and heated seats (leather negates the 3rd row option). What the heck do heated seats have to do with sound?

Are they just suffering from cranial rectumitis? I'd like to get your opinions / experiences with custom ordering. If they are indeed full of it, is it worth arguing? Should I bite the bullet and buy from someone out of market?

Thanks in advance :D
A. your dealer is wrong...... you CAN order limited in pacific blue (i have a dealer quote on that car before i bought my silver one)

B. your dealer is wrong again... i have a Limited V6 4x4 with 3rd row.. and i have JBL 6 CD changer with 9 speaker system on my car..

Conclusion: you should try another dealer... or if you want, i can email you pictures of my car with JBL system

·
Registered
91 Posts
you could try Watson motors here in Clovis. They will bust their butts tracking down a vehicle for ya. They did for me, getting it here from the port....different story. :D

·
Registered
760 Posts
I saw this exact vehicle today in Tucson, it could be gone by now but if you're willing to drive over or have your local dealer do a trade; I can set you up with a contact. BTW I think MSRP was $29,849?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I see threads like this one all of the time on Toyota forums. If they ever straighten this issue out they'll probably add another point or three to their market share.

Option combination allocations do seem to vary a great deal by regions. It's possible that JBL requires leather in some areas but not in others.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all your help.

Thank you everyone for your experiences and advice regarding my problems. I've checked around with about 6 dealers in Texas and they all seem to have the same general opinion regarding this option combination. So, I'm going to get the Everglade Metallic V6 4x4 with 3rd Row. I work for a major electronics retailer, so I'm going to have them do the stereo (and a liberal coating of dynamat). Thanks again.

·
Registered
656 Posts
If the dealor is saying you can't get a Limited in Pacific Blue he is wrong. We got our Pacific Blue Limited V6 less then 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but a 3rd row seat is just a "bolt on" option. Just tell the dealer to sell it to you at their cost from the parts department and just buy it separately.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Didn't know it wasn't a lap belt in the back and didn't know about the 4 banger's bigger brake. Oh well. Worth a thought. I wonder if it's just bigger rotors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts