Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is rav4 2009 limited 4 cylinder. I was told that the driveshaft need to be replaced and it will cost me at least 1500+labour+tax :(
I am looking for a good used one in junkyards
I found a Toyota rav4 sport 6 cylinder for parts
I am asking if its driveshaft can be used for my rav4 2009 limited
Shortly
driveshaft rav4 2011 sport 6 cylinder = driveshaft rav4 2009 limited 4 cylinder???
Please help

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I would not get a used driveshaft. They all have a limited life. Mine was replaced at 112,000 km. You can get a brand new one on Ebay which comes with everything new and balanced. The 4/6 cylinders are the same. I got mine on Ebay a year ago and it is still working. I paid $220 US a year ago.

Here is one for $186 USD. (Shipping to Canada add $16).

Labour takes 1/2 hour. It is very simple for them to install and most mechanic can do it. I know since I watched them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would not get a used driveshaft. They all have a limited life. Mine was replaced at 112,000 km. You can get a brand new one on Ebay which comes with everything new and balanced. The 4/6 cylinders are the same. I got mine on Ebay a year ago and it is still working. I paid $220 US a year ago.

Here is one for $186 USD. (Shipping to Canada add $16).

Labour takes 1/2 hour. It is very simple for them to install and most mechanic can do it. I know since I watched them.
Thanks DL175 that's helpful
Is it a full Driveshaft Assembly?
I see them write "REAR" what does that mean?

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Thanks DL175 that's helpful
Is it a full Driveshaft Assembly?
I see them write "REAR" what does that mean?
View attachment 149158
It means for the back which you want. You can get front driveshaft that connects to the front wheels so they want to make it clear. These driveshaft are the complete kit with the center part. The only thing not included are the bolts which you must reuse the old ones. The shipping is actually very cheap. I seen it before where sellers were charging over $100 USD. This box that holds the drive shaft is 8 foot long so this isn't cheap to ship. Have it ship to your work place. You don't want that box left outside where someone can steal it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
100%
When I ordered $500 parts from Partsavatar shipping was pretty fast from Quebec to Western Canada because priority shipping
But I was really lucky what I met delivery girl at entrance door while I go to work around 9.30 am
Because on boxes with parts was message "Leave at door"!
So I wrote email to Partsavatar what a hell that was, is parcel insured, whose responsibility if parcel will be stolen from my entrance door. And still no answer in 4 weeks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts