Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:!: help :!:

today i disconnected the battery as i was installing my new ground kit (which didnt fit, but was from ebay, so it was no surprize) but when we reattached the negative lead to the batter, the alarm immedatly went off. And since i have used the alarm in almost 2 years (hell, it scared the shit out of me when i first heard it, thought i had gotten electricuted.... forgot i even had that thing on there) i no longer have the keys that operate it (they broke well, about 2 years ago... hence the reason why i stopped using it)

but the problem is that we cant do anythign with the car, since the alarm is active whenever we attach the battery. It wont start or anything, just honk like mad. so what i need to know is if anyone out there knows how to dissable the factory alarm without the key, or how to remove it completely. We cant find the relay for the alarm, so there is no other way we can think of to shut it off.

PLEASE help. the RAV is my only source of transportation. :cry:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
look under need the driver seat on the kick panel look up in there there should be a black box it connected to 2 or 3 harness depends on alarm model I know if you disconnect the biggest harness it will disable the alarm for good . or some times toyota likes to put the black box the brains under the driver side seat . you might need to remove the kick panel Let me know if you need help do you know what kind of alarm it is ?

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
The Drifter said:
...there is no other way we can think of to shut it off.
Connect the battery. With the alarm going off... insert the IGNITION KEY in the IGNITION. Turn the key to ON... back to OFF... to ON... then back to OFF. This SHOULD disarm the alarm 8)

Oops... I just noticed you are in Florida. If your RAV has a "Gulf States" factory alarm... the instructions above MIGHT not work :?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
see kelly I have a rav4 from NC do you think he has the same alarm that i used to have since is in the same region of the states

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well seeing as how my RAV4 is from arkansas 8) i tired what you said kelly, and it worked! THANK GOD. now i can go back to driving my RAV again :D

But now im going to search for the relay down around the driveer side, like you said franco. I need to dissable it completely, as i dont have the keys for it anymore. unless someone knows of how i can get replacement alarm keys?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
brother look at the black box the main unit and see the unit numbers maybe we can help you I have 2 different remotes for 2 different toyotas alarms

·
Registered
181 Posts
The Drifter said:
Well seeing as how my RAV4 is from arkansas 8) i tired what you said kelly, and it worked! THANK GOD. now i can go back to driving my RAV again :D

But now im going to search for the relay down around the driveer side, like you said franco. I need to dissable it completely, as i dont have the keys for it anymore. unless someone knows of how i can get replacement alarm keys?
When I bought my Rav, I didnt have an alarm key either, but thankfully the alarm manufacturer was in Sydney so I got a new barell with 2 keys

·
Registered
176 Posts
My 2000 has the RS3000 toyota factory alarm. It is located under the drivers seat. The RS3000 uses the gray fob and I got mine off e-bay. I have all the manuals in pdf format if you need them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts