Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_20200404_144405.jpg IMG_20200404_144303.jpg

Decided to clean out the throttle body and air intake, also replacing the hoses associated with it, unfortunately I can't find a part number or any info on the attached hose. It's the one that turns down in the first picture. All my hoses in that area are really brittle and coated with grease and old oil from an old oil leak. Any info would be appreciated greatly! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome guys! Thanks for your help in figuring out the part number eodgator! Ordered today but will look into the high temp silicone lines idea! Looks get in your ride too!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I picked up the part today, (I should have brought the old one with me, was in a hurry to get back home) and they're pretty different. It's been raining here so I can't do a fitting right now. But is this the right part?

Attachments

·
Registered
631 Posts
Rather than mess around with part numbers, I would do exactly as Eodgator specified. It is way easy. You can buy several feet of high temp 6mm silicone tubing on eBay for under ten dollars. Search eBay for the following {6mm x 8mm heat-resistant silicone rubber tube}. Cut the tubing to fit. I thought it would be a big deal but it is not. I converted all my vacuum tubing going leisurely over a few days. The color coding eases identifying parts and finding leaks. I expect the heat resistant silicone tubing to last longer than the OEM tubing.

I believe that part you bought sells for over $15 when taking into account shipping and handling. Buy the 6mm silicone tubing for half that and have plenty left over for a few other locations.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
So I picked up the part today, (I should have brought the old one with me, was in a hurry to get back home) and they're pretty different. It's been raining here so I can't do a fitting right now. But is this the right part?
I'm sorry if that was the wrong part that is why I stated "I believe" because the hose diagrams are difficult to make out. The cheapest easiest way is to get some high temp vacuum line and replace it yourself, it doesn't need to be some official Toyota part. By the way, if that line is going bad, all your vacuum lines need replacing. Again, see my thread Vacuum Line replacement with high temp silicone lines

·
Super Moderator
741 Posts
View attachment 151236 View attachment 151237

Decided to clean out the throttle body and air intake, also replacing the hoses associated with it, unfortunately I can't find a part number or any info on the attached hose. It's the one that turns down in the first picture. All my hoses in that area are really brittle and coated with grease and old oil from an old oil leak. Any info would be appreciated greatly!
Speaking of info, whenever you need some, you should ALWAYS state the specs of your vehicle. Usually it is irrelevant, but sometimes additional information (like model year, number of doors, type of transmission, four- or two-wheel drive etc) can be very crucial when asking for part numbers. I've spent more time than I should scouring through your previous posts just to get an idea of the type of Rav4 you own.

That "port" on your throttle body (to where the hose in question attaches) is not present on my Rav. After several hours of research, I would speculate that you have a "California spec" Rav4. Is it true? It should be noted on the VIN plague in the engine bay, or the driver's door jamb. If you are still not certain, try to find the part number "engraved" on your throttle body. It should be "22210-7A720".
Anyway, IF I am correct about the "California spec" thing, the part number for the hose should be 17341-74860. As always, compare it against your own to be certain.

(EDIT: If the part number stamped on your throttle body is "22210-7A540", then the appropriate hose should be 17341-74550).

For reference, check the differences between the following throttle bodies and yours (and the absence of that specific port):

(https://www.rav4world.com/attachments/img_20200404_144405-jpg.151236/)

(Throttle body 2)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts