Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front-drivers side-park light bulb as been off since the purchase of my RAV4. this past year. My headlight bulb went so I figured I would replace both. The headlight bulb was quite easy, but the park light bulb is impossible.

I can get the wiring harness off the connector, but I cannot get the bulb out of the parklight assembly. Does it screw off? Does it pull out? Please help if you know.

Thanx much,

Tyson

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I don't know about your car and I haven't had to change a bulb in mine yet, but most parking light bulbs I have encountered require you to push them in as you turn to unscrew them.

Maybe someone who knows for sure will chime in and give you a better answer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
one-quarter turn counter-clockwise

On my 2001 RAV, the parking lamp bulb plastic socket piece unscrews by turning it one-quarter turn counter-clockwise.
I did not disconnect any wiring, connector, etc.

It was still a bit tough. After figuring out how to access it (by pushing aside the plastic wheelhouse / inner fender in front of the tire, then reaching up), I wore a latex glove to get a better grip.
And I oiled the plastic before reinstalling it, to make it easier next time.

Hope this helps.

RAV on.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Re: one-quarter turn counter-clockwise

ejpede said:
On my 2001 RAV, the parking lamp bulb plastic socket piece unscrews by turning it one-quarter turn counter-clockwise.
I did not disconnect any wiring, connector, etc.
I've got a 2001 4x4 and had a chance to replace the bulbs already as well. I did it similar to ejpede above, but I had enough access through the engine compartment to reach the socket. Just choose what's the best access option for you. Good luck. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts