Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody dented my fuel door(salsa red, color code 3Q3). The local paintless dent repair shop cannot fix it because the fuel door is too small a piece of metal. My best option is to find a used door from the junkyard. I tried junkyarddog.com etc with no luck.

Does anyone know of a good place to find the part? I wouldn't mind paying a fee as long as the part can be located. Thanks.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Surely, you can push it out from the other side. My Rav has lots of small dents. I like them (it means I do not notice the next one).

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have nothing to lose by trying something yourself.

Clamp or have a buddy hold a flat piece of wood or something against the dented side. And, have a thin piece of fabric or something between the wood to protect the paint.

Then, from the other side, just hammer away. I know it sounds rough but it will work. You might place and aim at a penny over the inside dent and that will distribute the pressure. You might need to hammer something slender like a nail if the hammer head is too big. Put the head of the nail against the inside dent and hammer the pointed end of the nail.

Just to beat it up and make it worse. Start out tender and then harder if necessary. Decide that you will replace it anyway and you really have nothing to lose. Then, if it works, you're golden!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts