Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Since I'm without a manual for my 4.1 can anyone help identify this connector that I found under my handbreak while I was trying to track down somwhere to power my carputer from. I've poked at it with my multimeter but without any joy.

(click for bigger)

Chuck

·
Registered
880 Posts
Chuck McB said:
Hi all

Since I'm without a manual for my 4.1 can anyone help identify this connector that I found under my handbreak while I was trying to track down somwhere to power my carputer from. I've poked at it with my multimeter but without any joy.

(click for bigger)

Chuck
If it is not plugged into anything is is probably for an option you don't have like power or heated seats. or a CD changer.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The only thing I know of under the hand brake is the airbag module. I've never seen anything else on mine (1996). This is the only sensor on pre-1998 models from what I've heard. Post 98 models have them in the bumbers as well. Just in case you wanted to know. :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No tankd0g, it wasn't plugged into anything and didn't look like it ever was: it was taped to the side of the handbrake housing. I don't fancy my chances tracking down a socket for that plug so I'll just snip it off and crimp them and have another go with my multimeter.

I'll let you know if I get blasted into the back seats by my airbags while doing so :p

Update: Yup, looks like it for heated seats as tankd0g suggested. The wires are still dead but I've noticed a missing fuse in the fusebox, which is tagged as being for heated seats, just need to head down to the shop to get some 10Aers and try again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts