Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I want to install heated seats into my RAV4 (2010).
I don't really care for this to look super clean and OEM. I just want it to look decent and function properly.

I've done heated seats installs before on other cars.
I typically buy seat covers and attach the heated seat pads onto the seat covers and then that holds it into place and then from there I run the wires down the center console and go into the "add a fuse" and ground the wire on a bolt.

This strategy works great with zero complaints on my celica for 3 years. I actually am using the exact same system on the RAV as I did with the celica, because everything was completely reversible (saved $100!). (these are the heated seats I use Amazon.com: Premium Heated Seat Kits for Two Seats - Universal, OEM Equipment - High and Low Settings - Five Year Warranty Rectangular Switch: Automotive)

I believe it is a 12V system, I am curious which fuse I should use the "add a fuse" to? On my celica I believe I added it to my windshield wiper fluid fuse and it worked great, I was able to have both seats on high and the fluid going without blowing a fuse.

Here's a DIY I did with the celica with pictures if you are interested in what exactly i'm talking about Diy: Official: Heated seat guide - Toyota Celica Forum

tl;dr
I guess my questions would be which fuse can I add to?
&
Where would be a good place for me to ground my wire? (preferably an existing bolt or screw)
&
How to remove the center console and will I be able to run my wiring into the bottom of the center console without issue?

Thanks! :D And if you want I could make a picture how to guide on making heated seats (the easy way!) I plan on doing this once my seat covers come in probably next week, these are the ones I ordered if interested. Amazon.com: FH Group CM301102 2006-2010 Toyota RAV4 Leather Black Custom Seat Covers Front Set: Automotive

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
There is actually a Heated Seat fuse (under the steering wheel, near the Hood latch); I added a fuse there and tapped into that fuse. It is a low-profile mini fuse. You might already have some spares under the hood along with a fuse puller.

There is a bolt near the driver foot rest behind the carpet. That's what I used.

To remove the console, search for the thread about adjusting the parking cable. BTW, that's not the recommended way to adjust your parking cables!

I actually took the cloth covers off the seats and stuck my heating pads to the foam ... but added seat covers a few years later!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is actually a Heated Seat fuse (under the steering wheel, near the Hood latch); I added a fuse there and tapped into that fuse. It is a low-profile mini fuse. You might already have some spares under the hood along with a fuse puller.

There is a bolt near the driver foot rest behind the carpet. That's what I used.

To remove the console, search for the thread about adjusting the parking cable. BTW, that's not the recommended way to adjust your parking cables!

I actually took the cloth covers off the seats and stuck my heating pads to the foam ... but added seat covers a few years later!
Man... you are full of great useful information, THANK YOU! :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are my buttons:
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/98-4-3-interior/139881-heated-seat-problem.html#post1385873

The heated pads come in different lengths. I got the longer ones than the ones shown in your first post.
Hey Vanib I had another question for you. What heated seats do you have? I found out today my switches are too big and won't fit the Rav4 :/ so now I gotta buy a whole new set. I was thinking about this one: http://www.amazon.com/ZMAUTOPARTS-Heated-Heater-Switch-4Runner/dp/B01015AG2A/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1458603943&sr=1-1&keywords=rav4+heated+seats

Only problem is I already installed my current heating pads into the seats and I really did a good job securing them and I would like to avoid removing them and installing new ones. I was hoping that I could just leave them in and hopefully these ones would hook right up to them.
Here are the connectors I need to match the new ones with.

Btw here are the seats installed, they look great and the wrinkles are smoothing out even more as they settle in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts