Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same unit and also want to know which wires to connect for video feed - did you manage to connect your camera?

·
Registered
175 Posts
In my opinion it's impossible to know looking at these pics, you need the wiring scheme to tell which one is camera... generally you will need to bring the feed from your reversing light, then your unit turn the camera display on, on the same time you engage reversing gear.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I searched the Internet for the wiring but found nothing - the radio is a Pioneer pvh-5538zt - any help please
That doesn't look like any Pioneer device I am familiar with. I have also not seen the pvh prefix used by Pioneer.

Do you live outside North America?

Does this unit have navigation capability?

Have you been told that this unit is capable of displaying a rear view camera (owners manual perhaps)?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I cannot find any reference to this model number on the Pioneer middle east site (which includes Africa).

Usually a camera is plugged into a RCA phono jack on the rear of the head unit, which the pictures do not show. However there is always a possibility that the the RCA jack connects to the head unit with a short adapter cable (but unlikely).

If this is really a Pioneer model number, it is almost impossible that it does not show up on a Google search, and that no other Pioneer models have the same PVH prefix in the model name.

Did you get this information from a sticker on the unit, or is this something you were told? Can you provide a photo of the sticker?

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,418 Posts
That looks like a Toyota OEM head unit. Typically, the RAV4 head units are either made by Fujitsu Ten or Panasonic. However, Scions usually came with Pioneer head units, but those had the Pioneer name on the front panel. All the ports on the rear look like standard Toyota connectors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Standard Toyota radio - there is a sticker on the unit that say Pioneer. The vehicle is not with me and I will take a pick when I get to vehicle. Thank you for the help so far

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These are photos of the rear of the radio
Hi I am back
Did you find any solution for this problem
I want to know if i can connect and use a rear camera to this head unit .
I think there is a hidden function to activate rear camera for this unit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In the first picture,Upper left plug (a big plug with 4 wires) is for the camera. Two wires are power, two wires are signal from rear view camera.
You are right.I have connect these wires but the display goes to a empty screen when i put it on revers position.
sorry for my bad english ;)
I think we have to activate rear camera function in a hidden menu on this unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is no hidden menu I installed one last year for a customer if the screen is blank try switching the video wire around

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
7 Participants
farzad1343
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing