Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Rav4 Limited in Blizzard Pearl (I think that's the name) and really like it. I work for Toyota and a benefit is we get company leases. My 2013 needs to be turned in next year and will have to place the order around March/April for my next lease (2017). I'm probably going to go with another RAV because I'm not a "car" gal and I really don't like the Highlander or any of the larger SUV's.

I will probably get another Limited, since it has features I like. I love the white but the one I have now is already my 4th white lease and since I'm basically getting the same vehicle again I want something different. I'm not a fan of Toyota's colors in general.

So, no white, or silver (the silver is darker this year and not crazy about it), no grey or black current (don't like this one either). Will consider the Barcelona red, black, electric storm blue or the galactic aqua mica (I've never seen this color in person so not sure).

Your thoughts?

(I spent some time on these forums back before and after I got my 2013 and found it helpful!)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Looks like you have a 2015 Limited.....why do you say go with the SE over the Limited?
Here in Canada, the SE is very much the same as my 2015 Limited. I am not sure how it is in the U.S. though When I bought my 2015, all that was available was grey, black or white. I wish red was available.

I find the bang for your buck is with the XLE and SE models ($35 to $38K). A Limited is $40 to $42 K here, a lot of money for the additional options!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm leasing and not buying, and the payment comes right out of my paycheck. The difference between the Limited and the SE is $8 a pay. Like I said I like some of the features of the Limited, but it looks like the SE has about all of them also. It seems to be more of a styling thing between the two.

I had already been leaning towards the red.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm leasing and not buying, and the payment comes right out of my paycheck. The difference between the Limited and the SE is $8 a pay. Like I said I like some of the features of the Limited, but it looks like the SE has about all of them also. It seems to be more of a styling thing between the two.

Drive both the Limited and SE back to back to compare the ride. I have never driven a Rav4 SE but have heard it has a somewhat stiffer suspension and tighter ride. If that is the case you may not like the stiffer suspension but only by test driving them will you be able to tell.

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,096 Posts

You can build an SE to be identical in features to the Limited, so the main difference will be cosmetic and suspension.

There's a reason you like the Blizzard Pearl, its a great paint job and well worth the extra $300 or whatever. No reason to change what works. The red will be more trouble to keep looking nice.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
...Will consider the Barcelona red, black, electric storm blue or the galactic aqua mica (I've never seen this color in person so not sure)...
I love my 09 Barcelona Red but will need a change next time. When Electric Storm Blue came along, thought that was the best blue ever. Like you, I'd like to see the galactic aqua mica in person--I think it might be one of those colors that really shows a lot of different and interesting shades in different light. (And it would probably show dirt more than the lighter storm blue.)

By the way, Toyota's paint names crack me up. We used to call electric storm 'metallic blue' and galactic aqua more like 'royal blue.' I'd laugh to see 'galactic aqua mica' put on a DMV car title.

Darn pretty, though

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
I've been a silver or white fan for the last three vehicles and 18 years, I changed when the Electric Storm Blue/Cinnamon came out, pics on the left in my garage..

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Howz about 'SKYBLUE PINK'? >:D

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the Galactic Aqua Mica and I like it. At night, it looks black; in low light, it looks dark blue; in the sun, it looks teal. The paint is also very sparkly.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I have the Galactic Aqua Mica and I like it. At night, it looks black; in low light, it looks dark blue; in the sun, it looks teal. The paint is also very sparkly.
Good report. I was thinking it would be an interesting color in various lighting. How did they list the color on your official DMV title?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks sounds good, I'm going to have to check that one out in person before I decide.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts