Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked a 4CYL Ltd 4wd silver rav4.
I did a 20 miles drive after i picked .
The drive is very smooth and awesome.
I have couple of questions .

1.My LTD came with 3rd row seat and cargo net.
I found the cargo net but manual says i need a pipe to install rear cargo net and i dont see any pipe in the car.
Do i need to buy a pipe separately or it comes with cargo net?

2. The manual says about Hill assist control, i dont see any button for HAC how do i activate HAC if i needed? i see the DAC button.

3.Also the manual says 115V outlet?where it is located?

4. What is wheel lock? and what is the use of wheel lock? where do i order Wheel lock if i needed?

5. My dealer quoted me $355 for RS3200 plus security system + Installation fees of $175. Is it worth for $530? Is there any better security system for low cost.?

By the way this is avwonderful forum and this forum helped me to choose a right car .

Thanks
Amy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Amy
Welcome to the forum. You and I virtually have the same car and color except I don't have the third row seating. I'll try to answer your questions as best I can but others may know the exact answers to your questions. There are plenty of helpful people on this forum.

1. Cargo Net: I have the cargo net and it has two silver polls that allow it to connect into the sockets in the back of the Rav. I would think you would need them as well unless the rear has special hooks that might be available only with the third row seating. If you paid for them I would make sure your dealer gets them for you.

2. HAC: I was under the impression all cars with third row seating got the HAC but it might just be those with a six cylinder. If you have it you should have the button. Again I'd probably contact the dealer about it.

3. Outlet: I think you only get the outlet with the DVD option. I could be wrong on this but I thought I read that somewhere...

4. Wheel Lock: Not sure if you’re referring to the 4 wheel drive or perhaps the locking lug nuts. You don't need to lock your wheels for 4 wheel drive. That's old school. If your thinking of wheel locking lug nuts then those just protect you from your tires being stolen.

5. Alarm: $530 for the alarm is outrageous. I had my Toyota dealer put in my alarm and it was around $300 out the door with a few extras thrown in. I'd shop around or get it requoted.

Hope that helps. :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Amy,

I too have a similar vehical (4 cyc 4X4 Ltd.)

I found the cargo net but manual says i need a pipe to install rear cargo net and i dont see any pipe in the car.

<There>

2. The manual says about Hill assist control, i dont see any button for HAC how do i activate HAC if i needed? i see the DAC button.

<One>

<Only>

4. What is wheel lock? and what is the use of wheel lock? where do i order Wheel lock if i needed?

<Parts>

5. My dealer quoted me $355 for RS3200 plus security system + Installation fees of $175. Is it worth for $530? Is there any better security system for low cost.?

<Outrageous>

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any,

Something happened to my reply to your original note. For some reason, only the first word of each paragraph made it. Sorry about that!

:wall

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Re: Help needed for new LTD 4 CYL 4WD [Net/HAC/115v/WL/Alarm

amy said:
Two different cargo nets are available for the 2006 model. One with the metal poles (pipe) and one without. As you have already figured out... the one you have simply hangs from the side hooks :D The one with the poles can be mounted up to 3 (I think?) different ways... IE - 2 hammock positions and one vertical position across the rear cargo door opening 8)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Re: Help needed for new LTD 4 CYL 4WD [Net/HAC/115v/WL/Alarm

amy said:
I just picked a 4CYL Ltd 4wd silver RAV4.
I did a 20 miles drive after i picked .
The drive is very smooth and awesome.
I have couple of questions .

By the way this is avwonderful forum and this forum helped me to choose a right car .

Thanks

Amy.
1. You probably got the regular cargo net. Look for plastic hooks built into the body on either side of the inside back wall of the vehicle to slip the net loops onto and metal rings at the bottom of the same area to clip the bottom of the net.

2. HAC doesn't have a button. If you read the manual, it says something about releasing the parking brake, putting the car into gear (not P) with your foot on the brake. Press down further on the brake and the car will beep once. The HAC will be engaged for 2 seconds.

3. 115V outlet only comes with the DVD entertainment unit.

4. Wheel locks replace one of the bolts on each tire. They are made so that they require a special key to remove them instead of a regular lug wrench.

5. Have no idea if that is a good price, but others seem to indicate that it is not.

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
According to the E-brochure at Toyota.com, HAC and DAC are only available with the V6 models. I've got em on my base 4WD V6, no 3rd row seat.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Toyota Ebrochure says

HAC - (Standard on models equipped with V6 engine or 4-cylinder model equipped with 50/50 Split & Stow 3rd RowTM seats.).

DAC - (Standard on models equipped with V6 engine or 4-cylinder model equipped with 50/50 Split & Stow 3rd RowTM seats.)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all.

montenj,

1.I did the same as you explained for my cargo net..
It would have been nice if cargo net fitted with poles.
Still not understanding why toyota not giving poles for cargo net for the vechile which has 3rd row seat.

2.HAC- Thanks for the explanation.. I haven't read the manual yet..

3. I just bought the 12v to 115 V adapter and it works great.

4. Thanks for the wheel lock explanation and i understand now.
I will ask my local dealer to fit the wheel lock.

5.The only reason i am leaning towards RS32000 is, i found that it can be integrated with the toyota wireless remote key.If i go for the other secutity system, then i have to deal with 2 keys..

·
Registered
67 Posts
amy said:
Thanks to all.

montenj,

1.I did the same as you explained for my cargo net..
It would have been nice if cargo net fitted with poles.
Still not understanding why toyota not giving poles for cargo net for the vechile which has 3rd row seat.

2.HAC- Thanks for the explanation.. I haven't read the manual yet..

3. I just bought the 12v to 115 V adapter and it works great.

4. Thanks for the wheel lock explanation and i understand now.
I will ask my local dealer to fit the wheel lock.

5.The only reason i am leaning towards RS32000 is, i found that it can be integrated with the toyota wireless remote key.If i go for the other secutity system, then i have to deal with 2 keys..
I have both the pole net and the regular cargo net. The pole one is no big deal. It is basically a bit of netting strung between two aluminum poles like a hammock. I guess you can configure it a couple of different ways. The regular cargo net is probably more useful.

Have you tried getting a quote on the security system from another dealer or is it only a factory installed thing?

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
amy said:
The only reason i am leaning towards RS32000 is, i found that it can be integrated with the toyota wireless remote key.If i go for the other secutity system, then i have to deal with 2 keys..
Thats the same reason I bought the RS3200. The RAV4 has a nice key fob and the last thing I wanted to do is carry another fob around. If you have the limited, the RS3200 will also integrate the LED flasher into the immobilizer flasher on your dash.
I paid about the same price as you. If you look around, there are a few system out there that can also integrate into the factory key fob. The one I found was made by Viper, but it cost about the same after installation. Some other people on this forum have found other system that cost like a hundred bucks less.

Good Luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts