Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did techstream and able to get new third party key from eBay to start engine and I can lock and unlock manually just fine. Key blade cut by local locksmith for $2 ? But now going a little nuts trying to figure out how to program the unlock and lock buttons. Have spent a couple of hours online searching. Can anyone point me to an exact procedure. I'm in Baja Sur and nearest Toyota dealer service is 4+ hour drive one way. Much appreciate assistance!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Did techstream and able to get new third party key from eBay to start engine and I can lock and unlock manually just fine. Key blade cut by local locksmith for $2 ? But now going a little nuts trying to figure out how to program the unlock and lock buttons. Have spent a couple of hours online searching. Can anyone point me to an exact procedure. I'm in Baja Sur and nearest Toyota dealer service is 4+ hour drive one way. Much appreciate assistance!
This might help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. The techstream stuff was easy. I will try the whole door/ignition sequence to get the lock unlock buttons working and will report back on if works with 2017 model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No luck with the sequence mentioned above even when steps 5 and 6 are reversed. If anyone has success with a 2017 XLE NON-smart key please post how to do unlock/lock programming. Too bad slipstream software doesn"t have this feature.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
No luck with the sequence mentioned above even when steps 5 and 6 are reversed. If anyone has success with a 2017 XLE NON-smart key please post how to do unlock/lock programming. Too bad slipstream software doesn"t have this feature.

Did you try with techstream? What version do you have? Is it possible that the battery in the remote is no good? Heres a video, the part you need is at around 1:40

1 - 7 of 7 Posts