Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 Cruiser AWD Hybrid
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having splashed out on a 2020 Rav4 Cruiser AWD Hybrid for my wonderful wife we are both faced with a huge technology increase from our humble 80 series land cruiser and her previous 2005 Corolla!! However, we are both taking things one step at a time, learning many new things about the new Rav4. Despite this, one major frustration has already occurred with school zone warnings. Still working two days a week, her half hour commute passes ten schools resulting in thirty frustrating warning messages. Have searched our new car manuals without finding anything to do with school zone warning messages, but after two weeks "these messages have got to be stopped" she says. Can someone please share with me how to put an end to these warning messages?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What school warning messages are these? I’ve never seen them in mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When approaching a school zone it announces "You are approaching a school zone!", when entering "You have entered a school zone!" and when leaving "You have left the school zone!!" Multiplied by 10 school zones - Frustrated wife!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much me_two from a VERY thankful wife of mine!! Now she can more thoroughly enjoy her new vehicle without constant irritation on the way to and from her work. Much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
7,786 Posts
US version does not have the school warning/red light warning, etc. Am I right?
Correct, there's no mention of "school" in the manual, not listed as an RSA notification since it would have to recognize the signs, and I drive through school zones regularly, never had an alert.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Correct, there's no mention of "school" in the manual, not listed as an RSA notification since it would have to recognize the signs, and I drive through school zones regularly, never had an alert.
My Garmin has a "bong" sound when I get close to a school, so I'm going to bet that it has to do with the built in gps, and nothing to do with sign recognition.

Pretty sure the Garmin does not have visual recognition in it. Sometimes the simplest answer is the best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts