Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i own a 2007 Rav4 D-CAT some weeks ago as my car was not pushing over 2500/3000 rpm. It felt to me like variable geometry was "locked" on low rpm configuration. I floored it on the highway and then car was apparently back to new!
A few days ago it started being "dead" below 1600 rpm. kind of the opposite problem! If I go on a slope the car won't increase speed( or increase very very slowly)
In 5th and 6th gear if i am at 1200 rpm and i push the pedal it will accelerate very slowly and then at about 1600 rpm turbo kicks in with a double "sobbing" and then constantly pushing normally.
Can you please help me?
It feels to me that now variable geometry is locked on high revs configuration..not sure tough..it could be injectors as well..
I've always been using low sulphur diesel. I also noticed some white smoke (not continuously just sometimes and not for a long time) while accelerating (you can see it from outside as it is not that much smoke)
Thanks everyone in advance and Merry Christmas!

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Hopefully someone that lives where RAV4 diesels are prevalent can offer some help. There are none here in North America at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
mine does the same and will not pull over 2500/3000 rpm...
i live where the speed only is 80km/t on an island called Bornholm i Denmark.
and have not solved the problem yet...maybe there is something you can put in the diesel. to make it better

grretings

1 - 3 of 3 Posts