Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I did a 3sgte swap with the caldina engine and transmission and i'm runnig in to some problems.
1- i have a broken stud (exhaust manifold) solution? can i weld a brace to it and face it with a mill so it wont wrap again ??
2-it seems like when i put 12v on my iscv she will close itself slowly and my engine wont idle AT ALL and wont restart. but when 12v is not connected the valve is stuck open... so i can drive but the idle is very high..
is there a way to check if she is working good ? what are the spec for the TPS ? maybe he is faulty..

3-I did the wiring myself... not so hard, but now im stuck with my car runnig horrible at idle.

I drove it like that for 500miles, has alot of power... :D

Ill post all od the information in the section DIY when the idle problem will be fixed!

THX !

·
Registered
253 Posts
1 just replace the stud. Take the mani off with the turbo and dp all together, that's the easiest. Then just replace it. If they're not torqued evenly they can snap, or your exhaust isn't flexing enough. Have a flex in the b pipe ?

2 The iac usually gets oil/carbon build up. Sometimes just some carb cleaner sprayed in and let it soak through it can help it. I don't know the resistance when checking but when you put + to it it should open and "click" and close with no +, just look up any toyota IAC testing, it's the same. My iac went on my 3sge (Beams), IIRC they're the same as the 4th gen, I used one from a 1.7L civic (I think ?) cheap and plug and play, just had to plug up an additional coolant line it had. Check out mr2oc or mr2.com.

3 The idle is the iac, but your 02 could be going as well. Does your CEL still work ? Did you wire in the obdII ? Even though the motor is Jap spec (and doesn't work with a US reader) you can use the torque app, just have to set it up properly. You can get some great info with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Batman,

Ill have a look this weekend, i think ill just replace all of the studs on the manifold, it says the manifold of gen 4 wrap alot, so ill put 7 new studs to be safe.

Yes i did wire the obd2, but as you said my reader is not working, ill try to find one that works with the app torque!

Ill clean my iscv first, i have another 02 so i will try that as well if my problem is not solved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i cleaned the icv,

tested it like that: youtube: /watch?v=nK5rFKFXdoU&t=83s.
It seems tha mine does not open, it closes but nothing when i put the ground on the other side.
so i put the adjustement on the more open, now my car idle poorly and after a WOT, it dies when i press the clutch. i guess i have to change it..

also i have the msd adapter to make my tach work, but so far when i try to connect it it trigger the strater... i have the good wire to the tach, i check directly with a multimeter (behing the cluster and at the wire that goes to the ECU.

idea for the tach ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My tach is working now !

And now there is still my idle that is not right... it seem those iscv work with pulse, i went to the scrap yard and found some with the same actuator and they work all the same. So ill open my ECU to see if there is noting broken inside...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts